Ohio-Cleveland

Reception Venue, Cleveland Westside

We like a Ceremony location that is in the Rocky River Reservation in North Olmsted and would like to find an indoor reception location to have a similar laid back, rustic, open feel that's less than 30 minutes from the ceremony location.

Our guest list is looking at 100-130 people. We are having a hard time finding a place. Westlake? Avon? Avon Lake? North Ridgeville? Bay Village? Olmsted Falls? North Olmsted? Are there any barns that do event rental in this area?

Venues that have been suggested that we like are the Columbia Ballroom in Columbia Station, and The Pavilion Room at St. Clarence in North Olmsted...we were just wanting to have more options to look at and maybe caterer options.

Thank you so much in advance! 

Re: Reception Venue, Cleveland Westside

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Other than location, what is important to you? What's your budget? Do you want a place to bring your own alcohol? I think St. Clarence can be super nice... I prefer it far more than Columbia Ballroom. Springvale in North Olmsted is also very popular.
  • We had our reception at Springvale in North Olmsted. They fit up to 300, we had a little over 200 guests and plenty of room. Great menu, reasonable prices, and their coordinator Sarah is fabulous to work with.
  • Thanks ladies! We haven't completely set our guest list yet, so budget per plate can still go up or down. (mom's joke of the day today). Bringing our own alcohol is better (cheaper). We've been looking at places that are more rustic, and have open spaces and lots of windows. (why we were looking at St.Clarence)

Looked at a smaller lesser known place thats through the city today, waiting to call them to find out if they allow alcohol or not, and then i guess the next task is finding a caterer that may be able to work in a place that has a "warming kitchen" (will also need to look into what that includes)
    *fingers crossed that it is everything we are hoping for it to be*
  • Hi! I looked at reception places in/around where you are looking. We looked at Tom's Country Place in Avon, Fountain Blue in Avon Lake, Wagner's of Westlake in Westlake, and The Irish American Club in Olmstead Falls. We went with the Irish American Club bc they were the best. I did really like Tom's Country Place though
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Our reception was at Ridge Manor in Brooklyn and we brought our own alcohol. They provide two beers but you can bring additional if you'd like, which we did. We provided all the wine and liquor as well. They were amazing to work with and their prices were good. Soooo much was included as well.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! We actually found our reception location, and it is officially: Avon Isle in Avon in the French Creek area. Ceremony is at the Frostville Village in the Rocky River Reservation. Date set ✅ Three things checked off the list... And tomorrow is girls day: finding a wedding dress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards