Snarky Brides

The Night Before the wedding

What are you and your groom doing (Or did you do for my married ladies) the night before your wedding? Im just curious. I think I'm going to get a hotel room for me and my girls.I have no clue what he is going to do. Hopefully nothing too crazy, I dont need a hung over groom. I was thinking about getting a room close to our venue and after the wedding FI and I can go back there since we arent leaving for our honeymoon until the next day and I dont really want to drive home. 

Re: The Night Before the wedding

• We will probably be in out hotel room. We might go out to dinner and then come back and watch tv and go to sleep.

I can't really even fathom another choice of activities.
  • We're going to hang out at home and spoil the fur babies because we're leaving for our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we have a hotel room for the wedding night. So want to spend some time with the animals before we go.
  • After the rehearsal dinner - FI is heading to a hotel room. He is looking forward to a kingsized bed on his own, a ton of channels on the tv and a large array of super soft pillows.

I will be hosting our bridesmaids and my sister in-laws (if they want to) at our home for the night. Honestly - I plan on taking a tylenol PM if it isn't too late and getting some rest myself! 
  • After the rehearsal dinner, the wedding party and fi/ I went to the hotel bar to have a few drinks. We contacted a few people who we knew were staying at the hotel and let them know we were hanging out.  I only stayed for about an hour. H stayed longer. We both stayed at the hotel in seperate room. The day of teh wedding we both got ready/ ate breakfast in our respective rooms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Two of DH's GM took him out for a pub crawl the night before, but it was fairly tame, and mostly they just watched the Penn State-Michigan game on TV.

I was at my parents' house (we got married in my hometown).

I took a bath, relaxed, went to bed early. Nothing too crazy.

Then we both got ready on our own and didn't see each other until our first look photos.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I am going to a hotel as soon as it is acceptable and going to sleep. I have to be up at 4:30-5 am the morning of the wedding.

I think FI is going to crash at his brother's house.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • We're spending the night before together. We have a room at our venue. 
  • After the RD, DH's brother, father, and FSIL (DD) took him out for a few drinks while I got us checked in to the hotel. I took a hot soak with wine, watched tv, and had more wine. FI got to the room, was hungry, so while he showered, I ordered room service from the restaurant downstairs for him. He ate, we talked, went to bed, and I passed the heck out- he later told me he watched ghostbusters on tv.

• I anticipate sitting home watching tv and getting a looooot of sleep so I can enjoy the next day.  Let's hope it works out like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After the rehearsal dinner we said our goodbyes and my mom had 2 small parties hosted for us as a lot of our out of town families couldn't attend the shower/bachelorette/bachelor parties.

The men went to a cigar bar next door to the hotel and hung out there and the girls went to a suite in the hotel and had lingerie party for me.

Then we all went home or to our hotels rooms. I stayed at my moms that night in my sisters/moh room and hubs stayed at a suite in the hotel with his brothers and a few groomsmen. 

I didn't see him again until I was walking down the aisle (which my mom had to all but hold me back from running down it!)

Anniversary
  • We stayed together in our hotel. We're too old for sleepovers.
  • cruffino said:
    We stayed together in our hotel. We're too old for sleepovers.
    When my mom is in town on business we do sleepovers at her hotel a lot... but I sure wouldn't ask all my bridesmaids to participate in something like that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • No sleepovers for this bride! I want to wake up early the next morning on my terms without a bunch of people around groom may be there too or at his moms. I'm going to exercise for an hour, shower, then drive to the church to get dressed and get hair and make up done. My sisters a beautician so she'll be doing my hair and make up. My bridesmaids can either get ready there too or just meet up with me after they are all dolled up.
  • We spent the night together. And saw each other up until we parted to get ready fpr the ceremony. Didn't diminish anything one iota.
  • My MoH (best friend since childhood) and I will be sleeping at the hotel together the night before. She and I are workout buddies and she is my hairdresser as well so we'll be waking up together, working out, and getting my hair done the following morning. I imagine she and I will probably just put on a movie and go to bed early.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• My sister (MOH) and I shared a room at our hotel reception venue the night before.  I was able to get to sleep alright but I ended up waking up way early and sneaking around TK on my smartphone until the alarm went off because I didn't want to wake up my sister and I didn't have a book.  H got to sleep over at our married friends' house with the fur babies (they were kind enough to watch them while we were on our honeymoon).  Nothing too exciting, but it was nice to have some sisterly bonding time.
  • MOH already booked our suite, so I'm sleeping there with my daughter and MOH (best friend for 21 years as of this year). Given our last room share involved chocolate chip cookies and milk, then bed by 10 pm - I figure we won't be too wild. Then the girls are getting ready there.

DF can make his own plans. Knowing him and the guys, they'll find a hockey or basketball game, have a good beer and go to bed.

We're wild party animals in case you can't tell.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    We had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and then had to drive back to our apartment to get everything we needed for the wedding and take it to our hotel that we opted to stay in since it was closer to the venue. Then I had to finish organizing things and writing out instructions for setup. Our entire evening from 5 to midnight was taken up with this. 

I got up before him and went to my aunt's room (she stayed at the same hotel) to get ready, and then his best friend and her partner came to our room to get ready with him, and I didn't see him until the ceremony. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you don't want your groom hung over show him one of those wedding fail videos on YouTube. They are usually full of grooms fainting or throwing up. Then remark that the reason for that is too much partying the night before. ..
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure that I'll stay at a hotel with a couple of my BMs and another OOT girl. It'll be the only chance I'll really have at a bachelorette ish party, I don't get to see them much, it'll help my BMs keep costs down and FI doesn't want to see me at all the day of. I think I'll be kind of a nervous wreck without him but whatever.
  • My bridesmaids and I will stay at our place, quiet night in. FI is staying at a hotel in the city with one of groomsmen the night before. 
  • We're going to watch fireworks after the rehearsal dinner, possibly go bar hop a bit (yay for a late afternoon wedding), then head back to our separate hotel rooms so I can actually sleep without his horrific snoring for one night. heh
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Hahahaha, @CookiePusher I totally know where you are coming from. My FI sounds like 3 chainsaws going at once when he sleeps. I told him I need my beauty sleep the night before. ;P

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• FI is staying at the hotel/state park that we will be getting married at after the rehearsal and dinner and having a mini bachelor party with his guy friends.  I will be heading back to our house after the rehearsal dinner (my mom may come stay in our guest room and my bachelorette party will have been the weekend before), primarily because there are no hair salons near our wedding location, so I am getting my hair and make up done near home that morning before heading to the hotel at the park to get dressed.
  • Amyzen83 said:
    No sleepovers for this bride! I want to wake up early the next morning on my terms without a bunch of people around groom may be there too or at his moms. I'm going to exercise for an hour, shower, then drive to the church to get dressed and get hair and make up done. My sisters a beautician so she'll be doing my hair and make up. My bridesmaids can either get ready there too or just meet up with me after they are all dolled up.
    You sound like my daughter!  She slept in her own bed in her own home.  She wanted to get a good nights' sleep and maintain her normal morning workout routine.  She showered at her place with her own "products", and met her BM's at the hair salon.  They all came back to my house afterwards to dress and take pictures.  
  • DH and I had to go to the HS football game the night before to see my son march, and his son play with the middle school band kids.  DH took grandma home, my SS's mom picked him up and took him out to dinner.

DH, I and my son went out to dinner with DH's bro and family who were in town, then went home where he and I promptly crashed out for the night.

We opted to skip a rehearsal and the RD as we were just too damn busy and didn't want to ask friends and family to drive out to the ceremony site, as well as co-ordinate with any other weddings happening out there.  Too much of a hassle for us.  
  • @shaylagirl Do you have any regrets about skipping the rehearsal? FI doesnt think we need a rehearsal, but I'm nervous about not having one. 
  • We are having our rehearsal dinner, then FFIL wants to rent a party bus and take the WP down the strip (we live in Vegas) to the new High Roller observation wheel, and to stratosphere because FI and GMs want to ride the rides. Our wedding isn't until 5:30pm the next day so we shouldn't be in too bad of shape. Then FI and I are staying at the hotel where our wedding is taking place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @raeah219; not a single one.  We make our kids our top priority, and it was a big band thing for a Friday night football game.  The only concession I did make was to ask the head band director if my son could leave right after half-time.

Our pastor also charged us extra if we wanted to do a rehearsal.  And, as our ceremony site was about an hour and a half drive one way for -MOST- of my wedding party, it just seemed rude to ask it of them.  For us, we knew how to walk, what order to walk in, and our wedding was laid back and fairly casual (outdoor ceremony site, I only had a MOH and a BM).  Factored in that it's a "free" wedding chapel, you could only rehearse if someone wasn't already using the space.  For us, it would have been a big headache.  Our pastor was very good at talking my groom, my son and my father about what would happen when once they were out at the chapel the next morning.  He also came up to talk with me briefly once I arrived in our limo.

I guess for us, it was a budget saving move (didn't have to pay the pastor or pay for dinner) as well as time efficient for our friends and family.

And, our wedding came out quite lovely.  Plus, my dad and son got a crash course in how to let down the bustle of my gown (simple, 2 hooks LOL!).  :)
  • We had our rehearsal the night before. I slept in my own bed and H slept in the guestroom. My family asked me to sleep at my parents' house (sleep in my childhood home), but I wanted to sleep in my own bed. My mom understood that and I went over that morning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards