Louisiana-New Orleans

Florists

Has anyone used Fat Cat Flowers? My reception venue uses them for the included flowers and I was thinking it would be easiest if they were the florist for the entire wedding. Any thoughts? Or any other florists that are really good but not very pricey? I am not particular about flowers. I can't exactly tell you what I want; just what I don't want!

Re: Florists

• You can try Impressionable Designs in Marrero. She was very reasonable for what I wanted.
  • I used Fat Cat and was very happy.  She was great to work with and I was in the same boat - I knew what I didn't want but not what I wanted.  We had a phone consultation and the flowers turned out better than I could have expected. I just told her my colors and what I didn't like, and sent her pictures of my flower girl and bridesmaid dresses and left the rest to her.  

I will say the flowers were also promptly delivered to us the day of, and my bouquet stayed beautiful for days. We did not use flowers for our ceremony, only candles.  
  • sasapurduesasapurdue member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Meade Wenzel has the most sophisticated style of anyone in the area IMO and her prices are VERY affordable. I would describe her style as natural and elegant, and she has an excellent understanding of color. She doesn't really seem to do gawdy or over-the-top ('Donald Trump flowers' as she calls them) if that's your thing.
    She did the flowers for Harry Connick Jr.'s wedding. 
  • We went with Fat Cat for our wedding. Diane (the owner) is very prompt, professional, honest, and reliable. I highly recommend her. She is willing to do smaller orders as well, as we only requested a few bouquets and boutonnieres, and about 6 medium sized centerpieces. 
  • I used Fat Cat as well, and the flowers were GORGEOUS. Diane was great helping me (I have NO idea about flowers) and everything was delivered on time, and was beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards