Hawaii

Oahu wedding help!

Hello!

We’re planning an Oahu wedding in late November (from Australia) which only leaves me 8 months to get everything together.. argh! 

Ok so I need some help. I am quite familiar with Oahu as I have been multiple times but I wanted some ideas on ceremony locations. We will probably have 25-35 guests max. I am after an outdoor ceremony like a nice lawn overlooking the ocean or mountains. I’ve looked at Lanikahonua which is too expensive, Paradise Cove (an option), just heard back from Kuoloa (expensive again!) and even the gardens at Royal Hawaiian (ridiculously expensive). Any other options I could go with? And has anyone found any ceremony under $1000??! The know how to charge!

I do like the look of Paradise Cove and that seems the cheapest option so far. But I would like something a bit cheaper if possible that looks just as nice! 

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Christine 

Re: Oahu wedding help!

• I'm not sure you'll find anything under $1,000 on Oahu.  Turtle Bay Resort has a couple of options around $1,500 for the ceremony only.  Most places that I researched on both Oahu and Maui were around $2,500 - $3,000 for the site rental.  You might have some luck searching the archives of these message boards for more options.
  • Thanks for the reply! Yes it seems that way :( Paradise Cove might be the way to go. 
  • Sorry can't help you with any options but we are also from Australia & got married at Paradise Cove in November 2012 & loved it. Got some fantadtic photos. Would recommend getting married there. We are going back to Hawaii November this year & looking forward to going back to Paradise Cove for their luau.
  • Christine2406Christine2406 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Sorry can't help you with any options but we are also from Australia & got married at Paradise Cove in November 2012 & loved it. Got some fantadtic photos. Would recommend getting married there. We are going back to Hawaii November this year & looking forward to going back to Paradise Cove for their luau.
    How did you find the weather in November? And also can you tell me what time you had the ceremony? 

Thanks!! :) 
  • The weather was perfect! Our ceremony was at 3pm. Not sure if it is still the same but we could only use Paradise Cove for 2 hours (2:30pm - 4:30pm, we had to be strictly finished at 4:30pm) that also includes set up & take down except if we wanted an arch we would have had to pay for an extra hour to set up the arch.
  • Thanks so much! I think the last ceremony is 2:30pm now but that should be fine. Did you do it at The Point? Just have to pick a date and get everything together! 
  • Yes our ceremony was at The Point. Good luck with everything!
  • We are getting married at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel. They are very reasonably priced and come with coordinators to help set the day up for you. They have several packages, but the cheapest ceremony package is just under $1000. It is pretty much downtown Waikiki, so if you're trying to stay away from the tourist-y areas this may not be the location for you. But just thought I'd throw it out there for you as an option to look into! Good luck!!! 
  • Paradise cove is booked for November 14th! We are also travelling from Aus to get married in Hawaii! We are getting married at Paradise Cove then having our reception at the Coconut Club!
  • Have you looked at Loulu Palm Estate?
  • Hi,

I am also from Australia and am sussing out wedding locations.

Did you end up finding somewhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards