Louisiana-New Orleans

Second line - Practicality Questions

For those who have had or will have a second line from your church to the reception, did you remove your veil or bustle your dress before you paraded?  Did you take pictures in the church while your guests waited outside?  How did you go about giving out the second line hankies?  Where did you keep your umbrellas while in church?  

Re: Second line - Practicality Questions

• We began our second line immediately at the end of the ceremony - no formal pictures.  I left my veil on, but my MOH bustled my dress quickly for me - it was a pretty simple bustle with only a few ties, and only took a moment.  Our photographer wanted to get pictures of us walking backwards with the band leading the way, and it would not have been possible without being bustled.

My MOH's husband held on to our umbrellas for us and handed them to us once the ceremony ended.  Our two ushers stood at the exit and handed hankies to everyone as they filed out of the gate (we got married in Jackson Square).  

All in all, it went great.  The band listened in to the end of the ceremony and started playing right as we were pronounced husband and wife.  It definitely got everyone on their feet quickly.
  • We took pictures in Church and then went out to second line. I held my dress and veil (both of which were pretty long) for a bit, but then one of my little cousins came and held it for me. We took off my veil and bustled my dress once we got to the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went immediately into the second line, no pics. I wore my veil and did not bustle my dress, just threw the train over my arm and held it.
  • 2812428124 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Yeah I think we may do like 2 pictures in the church immediately after the ceremony and then immediately do second line. I hope theres enough time to bustle the dress. lol

Also, I know the cathedral says you are not allowed to do pics after but we just want to do like 2 after. I have heard they do let you even tho their guidelines say they dont. Does anyone know for sure?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards