Outdoor Weddings

welcome party/activity?

We are getting married in Jamaica next year at an all inclusive resort. Our guest will be flying in on a Saturday and our wedding will be Monday. I'm thinking about having a welcome party or cocktail hour or activity planned for Sunday. The resort won't hand out the OOT bags and I thought it would be nice to have a little welcome party to give everyone their bags, thank them in person for coming, and let them mingle and get to know other guests. Is anyone else doing this? I'm not sure how to go about it since its an all-inclusive place. We can't really reserve a resteraunt or anything. There is a very nice and open bar area in the lobby I was thinking of just having everyone meet us there around 11ish and we can have bloody Mary's and hand out bags, socialize. Or do you think I need an actual activity planned for us to do? Any ideas are welcome!

Re: welcome party/activity?

• As long as it's cool with the resort, I think you're idea sounds great. We aren't getting married at a resort, but we have reserved a bar on the beach for a few hours as a welcome party.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards