Honeymoon Discussions

Disney's Aulani?

Has anyone ever stayed at Aulani (a Disney Resort)?  I love the service of Disney, and H and I don't mind being around children.  But is it too child centered for 2 25 year olds? 

Re: Disney's Aulani?

• I haven't stayed there but my h and I did do a character breakfast there last fall when we stayed on Oahu (we're also Disney geeks).

My h was dying to stay there but I just couldn't justify the cost even with Hawaii being already an expensive place. I'm really glad we didn't stay at Aulani. The resort is gorgeous don't get me wrong, but the place was MOBBED in just about every inch of it. We went during off season (i.e. schools back in session, not during Christmas holidays) but it was so crowded and I would have been annoyed if my resort stay was like that the whole week. 

As I said we love Disney and are fine with being around children but it was just hectic times made worse by the swarms of people at all times especially children running free. 

We stayed at another resort in Ko Olina (the Marriott Vacation Club, you don't need to have a timeshare to stay there) and it was terrific. Just as gorgeous and a fraction of the cost. There's another Marriott property in Ko Olina as well, the JW Marriott. All of them front the gorgeous Ko Olina lagoons. I would definitely recommend staying in Ko Olina, you're near to a lot of stuff but still far removed from the craziness of Waikiki. 

Here's a review I did on my blog of the character breakfast:

And here's one on our hotel in Ko Olina:

Good luck!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards