Snarky Brides

What if it rains?

So me and my man are getting married on June 21st and the wedding will be out doors. We will have tents, but what should we do if it rains? Will the tents be enough?

Best Answer

Answers

• Do you have a space for the ceremony if it's raining?
    Is the wedding completely outdoors or are their areas inside? If you have indoor venue space (even small spaces) you might want to reconsider what those spaces are being used for and re-purpose as necessary.

I'm having an outdoor ceremony but I discussed a backup rain plan to hold the ceremony in an unused space.
  • If everything is under a tent and you are able to move all tables and the dance floor under tents, you should be fine. I would suggest having a backup of umbrellas so people can walk to and from cars, if you really are worried.

This is why I won't have an outdoor wedding, I don't trust the weather here. 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Do the tents have walls? Are you able to move everything under the tents if need be?
  • If it pouring rain how far will your guests need to walk to get to a bathroom? You need walls on that tent if it is raining because a breeze will bring the rain in
  • InkdancerInkdancer member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    lday998 said:

I am also having an outdoor wedding with a big tent. I'm putting a note on the invites that the ceremony will be outside (no tent at tat spot), so they can bring an umbrella. If it looks like rain I'll also buy a bunch of extras.

Also, most of the time you can rent tent walls. They will block the wind and rain. I'm renting two walls to block whichver way the wind is blowing. If the weather's perfect they just won't be put up.

I am going to give you a warning: my cousin was married recently. They had an indoor space for their reception, but not the ceremony. Carrying an umbrella did not keep her from getting absolutely soaked while she said her vows. Her hair looked very sad and so did our very wet Grandma.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • We have an indoor space we can flee to if there's a monsoon. My friend's wedding was outside when it was raining (lightly) and it just made the photos look more beautiful.

• lday998 said:

We have an indoor space we can flee to if there's a monsoon. My friend's wedding was outside when it was raining (lightly) and it just made the photos look more beautiful.

In that case, rock on!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards