Louisiana-New Orleans

Can you recommend a wedding planner?

Hi, this is my first posting on theknot - I've searched the boards and couldn't find any recommendations but please excuse me if this is duplicating someone else's post. 

I need a wedding planner. I no longer live in Nola and I have a hectic work schedule, and I really don't want to dump all the work on my mother, so I need someone who will take care of all of the details - not just on the day or week of, but helping us choose our vendors and everything.  We are going for a simple and elegant wedding, but it will be 200+ guests and I just can't do it myself.  

I noticed several planners listed on theknot.com but I'd really like to hear first-hand opinions from other brides. 

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I would really appreciate any and all comments and suggestions! 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Can you recommend a wedding planner?

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Emily Sullivan with Get Polished for month of coordination (and she's also helping me with decor). So far she has been great with lots of great suggestions for vendors, etc.... I live out of town now as well so she has been a huge help. Lots of brides on here have suggested her.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Emily too- also for month of coordination.  I will tell you this- this Board is a lifesaver.  If you think you can book the big stuff, this Board will tell you 1st hand who to use for flowers, etc.  I booked my ceremony, reception, officiant, got invites, all from referrals off this Board.  I love Emily and would highly recommend her, would just think about if you want to spend the money on a full on planning timeline.  My month of coordination (covers Rehearsal Dinner and Ceremony) allows me to send her unlimited emails and phone calls throughout my entire planning process.  Not to mention my hair and makeup are covered with the package!  Hope that helps! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the recommendation!

• e.everette.everett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle Adams and the experience so far has been wonderful!! She has kept the stress down and has been very good with my mom who wants to be super involved but is 18hrs away
  • e.everette.everett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps I'm also in the I-need-help-with-everything-not-just-the-month-of club. Frankly, I didn't know where to start and didn't have the time to fish through details. Having an expert from the get-go was more what I felt I personally needed
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there- I have Emily Sullivan for the entire package (which isn't much more than month of), and she is truly amazing!  She is super accomodating, and has wonderful ideas!  Plus, she is super responsive and really listens to what we want.  We still have 10 months until the wedding, but hiring Emily was the best decision we've made.
    Good luck!
  • jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Emily too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards