Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Help with chairs

When I first started to envision my wedding I was thinking chivari chairs. The venue we picked has these green chairs in the pictures below. Our colors are blush pink, mint and hints of gold. I am not a fan of white table cloths with white chair covers -- I think that's starting to look a little dated. I have seen black table cloths with black chair covers and think that looks a little better but would that go ok with my color pallet? And if I leave the chairs naked, what color table cloths/napkins? I'm assuming ivory. Ugh I'm just not sure.

Re: Help with chairs

• Options
    I agree with you about the white chair covers, i hate them.  I think the chairs are nice enough to leave the chair covers off.  You should see the chairs i have to deal with.  You could use a black or white table cloth with an overlay in one of your colors and napkins in your other color.
  • Options
    When I first started to envision my wedding I was thinking chivari chairs. The venue we picked has these green chairs in the pictures below. Our colors are blush pink, mint and hints of gold. I am not a fan of white table cloths with white chair covers -- I think that's starting to look a little dated. I have seen black table cloths with black chair covers and think that looks a little better but would that go ok with my color pallet? And if I leave the chairs naked, what color table cloths/napkins? I'm assuming ivory. Ugh I'm just not sure.
    Unless you have money to burn, don't worry about the chairs.  No one is going to notice. 
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Is there room in the budget to rent chiavari chairs?  If so, then you can do that and perhaps some sort of neutral table linens such as white and bring in your colours with the centerpieces.  Examples:

Or maybe you could use colourful linens.  Examples:
    A Blush & Blue Vintage Glam Wedding

If you can't afford to rent chivari chairs, maybe you could use chair covers or sashes that bring in your colours. Examples:
    imageimage
    imageWith Dream Wedding and Event Planners, you could have this truly fairy tale outdoor wedding decor with mint green and magical blue chiavari chair covers...  Dream Wedding and Event Planners will make your wedding vision a reality at www.dreamweddingplanners.comMonarch Weddings US Grant Bridal Show Chair Signs Sweetheart table US Grant Bridal Show Swoon4 – Whimsical Winter Wonderland
  • Options
    Thank you for posting those pictures, that is helpful! My wedding is quickly going over budget and don't want to add renting chairs to the list. They aren't the worst chairs in the world....just not what I had envisioned. Just thinking of how I can improvise. The chair jackets might be a good idea! I will probably see if I can visit the venue and play around with a couple ideas.
  • Options
    My venue is providing the stretchy white chair covers and white table linens for free... no, the chairs aren't anything nice but it's the last thing I'm worried about - guests don't care about what the chairs look like, as long as they have one. I got colored sheer organza table overlays to add some color (half in aqua and half in antique gold) for under $5 each from Wedding Linens Direct. (Similar to this but without those ugly chair bows.) Remember, your flowers will naturally have some green in them so the green will blend in nicely with your colors! 

• Options
    We did white chair covers, white linens, and either black or teal bows - I can't even remember. That's how unimportant it is. I, as the bride, couldn't tell you what we had. Guests won't care so long as they have a place to set their things down and sit to eat. 
  • Options
    I think your chairs look just fine.  Better then some other chairs I have seen posted on here.  But really, think back to the weddings you have been to.  Do you remember the chairs?  Out of the 25 or so weddings I have been to I don't remember what the chairs looked like at any of them.  I know mine were black wooden folding chairs and I only remember that because we had to rent 260+ chairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards