Wedding Party
Options

Re: .

• Options
    Maggie, I'm not sure why some of those words are in bold and maybe you don't quite understand what I meant. I'm not tying to find employees. What I'm saying is I don't have someone who is really nearest and dearest to me that I can really trust and depend on. Some people may think the MOH doesn't have any duties but to show up, however, I would like someone to plan things with me. And I definitely think emotional support is needed. Wedding planning can be stressful, not as stressful as someone dying or losing a job as you mentioned, but from time to time one does need someone to talk to about worries and decision making, maybe that's just me. I appreciate your difference in opinons, but I was looking for some good advice from other brides, not a criticism of my every sentence. I hope that doesn't sound rude, just my thoughts on your comment.
  • Options
    Maggie is wise. Also, don't forget you have a FI to help you plan as well - isn't it your FI's wedding, too?
  • Options
    Maggie, I'm not sure why some of those words are in bold and maybe you don't quite understand what I meant. I'm not tying to find employees. What I'm saying is I don't have someone who is really nearest and dearest to me that I can really trust and depend on. Some people may think the MOH doesn't have any duties but to show up, however, I would like someone to plan things with me. And I definitely think emotional support is needed. Wedding planning can be stressful, not as stressful as someone dying or losing a job as you mentioned, but from time to time one does need someone to talk to about worries and decision making, maybe that's just me. I appreciate your difference in opinons, but I was looking for some good advice from other brides, not a criticism of my every sentence. I hope that doesn't sound rude, just my thoughts on your comment.

If you need support while you are planning your wedding the person you should be relying on is also the person you are marrying.  Your FI is allowed to help, it's not just the bride's job to plan the wedding start to finish.

And if you go into your wedding not expecting anything from your BMs, then they can't let you down.  If you don't have anyone who is super close to you, then just have them all be BMs.

• Options
    Oh. A DD. What a surprise. 

Anniversary
  • Options

OP, you were quoted. Deleting becomes pointless since we all know what you said!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
     I would like someone to plan things with me.
    Do you have a fiance?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards