Washington-Seattle

Wedding Help Wednesday

Need to bounce any ideas around, need inspiration?  Feel free to post here :)
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Wedding Help Wednesday

• So I toured my wedding venue again and brought some family along to check it out and get some decor inspiration. They had a MILLION questions to ask me and it was incredibly overwhelming  since I didn't have answers to any of them. My wedding is about 2 months away and I don't have so many things done. Kind of freeaking out about it. Thank goodness Christmas is over is all I have to say.
    Anyone have any unique DIY decor ideas or suggestions? Looking for inspiration from people who have already taken on projects and they were a success. Thanks for any input gals!
  • phonehome:  What type of venue do you have?  That could help with decoration ideas :)
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Take a look at Martha Stewart's website. She has a ton of DIY stuff with videos and where you can get supplies. I am going to be using some at my wedding in September.
    Good Luck!
  • Phonehome I will be in your same boat next weekend. I am touring my venue with my wedding coordinator and a few bridesmaids so they can help me figure out the decor stuff that I am horrible at. Give us some more details on the venue and I would be happy to try to help!

Also pinterest has been my best friend in helping bring out my creative side and get some inspiration. If you haven't already signed up I would be happy to send you an invite!
  • So for my catering I am going to have Veraci's mobile pizza cart/brick oven right outside the back entrance (which is a big rolling garage door). I think that they are going to have the pizza's set up buffet style and then prior to that I will be doing appetizers (various finger foods buffet style). So 2 dilemmas: 1) Since it's not a big fancy shmancy sit down dinner do you think it's appropriate to use the paper plates they are providing or should I rent plates and silver ware. Another option is I could do something in the middle and buy the nice looking plastic ware from Smarty Had a Party. 2) Should I just leave plates and cutlery at the buffet station or have place settings at the table?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:a0786733-58c7-4c48-8eeb-06ea3c5e085aPost:8c52e735-0b7d-4205-ba33-bc6576bc36d8">Re: Wedding Help Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So for my catering I am going to have Veraci's mobile pizza cart/brick oven right outside the back entrance (which is a big rolling garage door). I think that they are going to have the pizza's set up buffet style and then prior to that I will be doing appetizers (various finger foods buffet style). So 2 dilemmas: 1) Since it's not a big fancy shmancy sit down dinner do you think it's appropriate to use the paper plates they are providing or should I rent plates and silver ware. Another option is I could do something in the middle and buy the nice looking plastic ware from Smarty Had a Party. 2) Should I just leave plates and cutlery at the buffet station or have place settings at the table?
    Posted by chelsea1110[/QUOTE]

Since it's buffet, I would have the plates by the buffet station (in case someone forgets to grab their plate when they head to the buffet line.  But I would keep the cutlery at the tables with a napkin, in case someone forgets to grab the napkins/cutlery when they leave the buffet.

As far as going with paper plates or fancier plastic, it would depend on how sturdy the paper plates are.  Do you think that the plates are not flimsy at all, would people have a hard time eating on the plates or with the cutlery the caterer provides? 
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • My wedding venue is the Georgetown Ballroom and it's amazing. Not very traditional though and I could tell by the look on my Mom's face she was not digging the non traditional vibe.
  • I love the Georgetown Ballroom! I went to an event there and they did very minimal decoration. I think they did some lighting on the walls (like colored spot light type designs). IMO it doesn't need much decor because I love the raw space. I am getting married at EM Fine Gallery and it is similar in style to the ballroom with exposed brick and the worn look. We need to brainstorm together! 

Are you looking for how to decorate the tables or the walls or what area? Ugh I am so jealous of you! I love the Georgetown Ballroom but I think their capacity was too small for me. 
  • EM Fine Gallery and Georgetown Ballroom are both such cool spaces!!! Have you both looked at other weddings that have been held there, like google pictures of weddings there and you may get a lot of ideas! I am getting married at The Golf Club at Newcastle.
  • phonehomephonehome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm looking for table centerpieces, aisle, and stage decor where the ceremony will be held. The capacity is 300 and we're looking at about 250 guests and that's a whole lot of centerpieces. Even if you DIY as cheap as possible, it's still crazy spendy. We toured EM Gallery and the owners were SO nice, we just needed a little more space than they had to offer. The venues are similar though.

Teralicious- The Golf Club at Newcastle is the most amazing view. The pictures are going to be amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards