Moms and Maids

Spa Day for wedding party

I want to have a pre-wedding spa day for the wedding party and the moms of the bride and groom.  Me (the bride), the MOH, my mom, the groom, and his mom I know all like mani-pedis, but at least of my bride's maids don't like them (either because they don't like the feeling of nail polish on or don't like their hands/feet touched).  I want to include them in the pampering, but I don't know if they'd like facials or eyebrow waxing.  I don't go to spa or nail salons very much, so I don't know what would be available.  What other kind of pampering services could these two get?

Re: Spa Day for wedding party

• Why don't you just ask them what they would like?  Look at the spa services menu at the location you want to go to and ask them what service they would like off the menu.

• I am planning to ask them, but I want to be able to give them some ideas so they can be excited about it.

As far as looking at the menu, that may be difficult because we're going to be in a town 3 hours away from where we live and I haven't been able to find any websites for spas in that town.  I know the town is big enough to have a few places, but they seem liek they're all too small of places to have websites.  The day is months away, so I have plenty of time to look. :)

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014

I am planning to ask them, but I want to be able to give them some ideas so they can be excited about it.

As far as looking at the menu, that may be difficult because we're going to be in a town 3 hours away from where we live and I haven't been able to find any websites for spas in that town.  I know the town is big enough to have a few places, but they seem liek they're all too small of places to have websites.  The day is months away, so I have plenty of time to look. :)

Then call up the spa and ask them what they have to offer and the prices associated with the services.

Edit:  I would also like to add that if it is a smaller spa/salon they may not have the same services available as larger spas do.  So even though people here could give you suggestions you really need to know what the spa you are looking to go to has to offer because what is suggested here may not be available at the spa.

• I would suggest a massage, facial, salt scrub, or a relaxation soak (these might not be available at all spas). If the girls don't like their hands or feet to be touched then they may not want a facial or massage. I would definitely check with the spa to see what they offer and ask the girls what they are comfortable with. The one thing I would say that you probably shouldn't book for them is a wax. Even though I get waxed every three weeks I wouldn't want some random person at a spa I've never been to before to wax me and I would never do it the day before a big event (assuming this spa day is the day before your wedding).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards