Honeymoon Discussions

Mini Honeymoon Ideas ???

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I are looking for any ideas of where to go for a short mini-honeymoon at the end of September. My fiance and I are getting married in Orange County NY, we live in Rockland County NY and want to go on a short 3-4 day mini-moon the weekend after our wedding (the big "real" honeymoon will be not until the spring or summer when we have time off from work and saved up some money). We're looking for a nice hotel (possibly with a honeymoon suite?), ideally with things like a jacuzzi tub, quiet, no families, scenic. We'd probably enjoy someplace a bit local and quiet so we can just relax after the wedding - sleep late, maybe go for a nice fall hike somewhere and have a picnic, we also love old towns with history to walk through, nice restaurants, beaches and mountains are both nice. Not having to drive more than 4-5 hours from Rockland County NY would be great too. Nothing to expensive, would like to save money to spend on bigger/longer honeymoon later on. Any ideas? (Ideas outside of driving the 4-5 hours is also welcome)

Thanks so much!

Re: Mini Honeymoon Ideas ???

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    There are beautiful, historic places in Cape May, NJ.  The college kids will have gone back to school, and the place is full of Victorian architecture.  Restaurants are romantic and first rate.

Niagra Falls, Canada is beautiful and a traditional honeymoon destination.  You will need passports.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • The Hudson Valley has lovely b&bs and a lot of charm. I also love Mystic, CT. It's an adorable town and has a great aquarium there too.

If you want to venture farther away Massachusetts and Vermont will be great too. The leaves will be changing.
  • The Finger Lakes are GORGES, as they say, and perfect that time of year. Nearly all of the B&Bs/Inns are child-free. I've stayed at Gothic Eves outside of Ithaca, it was really nice, but a typical B&B. They have a nice fresh water heated hot tub outside. You can go wine tasting, there are lots of state parks with waterfalls nearby for hiking, and Ithaca has amazing restaurants. 
  • Hudson Valley, Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, Newport RI, Berkshires in Western MA, Maine coast, Montreal, Cape Cod. You could go old-school kitsch in the Poconos. You have tons of options! We live two hours from you and did two nights in the Adirondacks at a luxury campground called Camp Orenda and three nights at a B&B in Montreal.
  • I live in Rockland County too!! 

Here are my ideas:
    Newport, RI 
    Lake George 
    Finger Lakes 
    New Hampshire - my friend just went to a B&B/spa there and I loved it. I can ask her the name. 
    North Fork, LI 
    Burlington, VT 
  • Thank you everyone! Love all the ideas..now we just need to pick one lol. 
  • Also, check into Groupon and Livingsocial for their escapes.  H & I did this for our mini-moon.  We found a great B&B in Maryland and basically got one night free, we were able to upgrade to a bigger room for a small fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards