Destination Weddings Discussions

All Inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas for our wedding...

Anyone have experience with any of the resorts in Cabo? Pricing, what's included, ceremony and reception options?

Thank you!!

Re: All Inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas for our wedding...

• I went last year and stayed at the RIU Santa Fe and loved it! I am considering the RIU Palace for my wedding next year. It is the bigger of the 2 and gives you access to both resorts. They have all of their wedding package info on their website. 
  • Awesome! Thank you!! I'll check it out.
  • We looked into Cabo extensively and found some great resorts with good prices. Sadly we ended up choosing another location due to the flights to Cabo. I just couldn't bring myself to ask guests to pay almost $700 round trip for a flight :(. My suggestions would be the Secrets Marquis Los Cabos and the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. Good luck!!!
  • We stayed at the RIU Palace about 8 yrs ago but our friends were married there last year and didn't say 1 bad thing. The pics are AMAZING!!!!!!!! When we were there we didn't have 1 complaint
  • @Latillo airfare is big contributing factor for me too! Can I ask where you opted to go? 
  • We opted for the Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen. Although we are very excited and it seems like a great resort, our dream had always been Cabo and you really don't have to worry about the weather because it's pretty much great weather all year round but what are you gonna do?? :(

Every travel agent we spoke with said the flights to cabo are very few and far between and most of the nonstop flights sell out very fast which is what makes them so pricey. We compromised and said we would go for our 1 year anniversary :)

What are you finding as far as flight info?

• Thank you for all the feedback! We are also changing our plans due to the flight costs and actually the overall costs of Cabo. It's pretty expensive. I know the important people would go regardless, but I just hate asking someone to pay that much for our wedding. We are trying to stay in California now...Still having the toughest time finding a great spot...

• That's exactly how I felt. I knew the important people would go but I also felt terrible asking people to pay that much. Ours is still pretty pricey staying at the Secrets Maroma Beach but it's supposed to be gorgeous. I figure when everyone is on the beach enjoying cocktails they wont be worrying about the money! ;)

I love California! We are actually heading to San Diego this weekend. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll find something. What part of Cali are you looking in?

• I'm really thinking Jamaica is where we will end up. The flights are just a little more than they would be to the Cancun area (which def seems to be the cheapest). I really wanted to go to St. Lucia but the travel sites were listing flights almost twice as high as to Jamaica. There are some amazing beaches in the US but an all inclusive is a must for us. I don't want to be worrying about buying drinks or logistics once I'm there. I'd rather just know it's all done! 
  • I agree! I know everyone would be super happy once they got there...

We are looking anywhere from Santa Barbara to San Diego. It's ridiculous how much everyone is trying to charge. I can't believe how hard it has been to find a place to do this. Good luck!

All inclusive is a must if you are doing destination...Absolutely. 

I hope we find something soon!!!
  • @moskee3 have you found all inclusives in the states? I was under the impression that AI was not available in the US because of liquor laws. 
  • I believe there are some resorts throughout California that offer all inclusive. I am from here and won't be looking for any thing like that for our wedding (if in CA).  I'm sure there are some in the Palm Springs area and possibly San Diego. They may not be the "typical" all inclusive, however.
  • Oh I didn't know they offered AI in the states. That's awesome! I'm so excited to visit, I live in Chicago so I neeeed to get away from the snow! :)

How about renting a house to have the wedding/reception and you can buy all of the liquor and cater?? My sister in laws brother lives outside of LA and that's what he did. They had a great time!! He rented a house right on the beach, she said they had a blast.

• I've really considered that! I'm still looking into it...Do you know which house he rented and/or how many people he had? Our problem is we are expecting 150 if we stay in CA. 
    You guys have had SO much snow this year...We have had zero winter. It's been pretty sad. So at least you'll get some nice sun when you come!
  • I can find out which house he rented. I know he lives outside of San Diego so I am assuming somewhere in that area. I will let you know! But I know they only had maybe 20-30 people so it was very small. I am not sure if someone would let you rent a house knowing you are having over 100 people there. I know some houses have guest limits.

Btw we had the BEST time in San Diego. I want to move there so bad! :(  we had perfect weather. It was between 70-85 and sunny the whole weekend we were there!

• Awesome!! It's so nice down there...The ocean is always a little warmer there, too. Glad you had a great time! 
    Yeah, I looked a bunch of houses and for a party of 150, I think the headache isn't worth it. Just going to keep looking. This is so difficult!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards