Not Engaged Yet
Options

Weekend

2»

Re: Weekend

• Options
    @phira, no, we didn't reschedule because he doesn't know when his gf will reschedule and I'll probably be going up in August for the brothers wedding.
  • Options
    @phira, Ouch!! Glad J got a diagnosis, though. Good luck with seminar.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm excited for this weekend!  Tonight I will mostly be cleaning my disaster of a house, but tomorrow I have a girl's shopping day with my daughter, mom, BF Mom & BF sister.   Saturday night we are having dinner with my friend from HS and her husband for our 12 year anniversary.  My friend was so excited to join us because she's convinced he is going to propose... but I do not think that even a little bit. 

Then Sunday I have brunch with my girl friends!  
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @IrishDreamer I'm sorry about your dad, my dad lives in Texas and I see him very infrequently, I would be super bummed too!! 
  • Options

I'm excited for this weekend too! Tonight R and I will probably just hang out at home, do some laundry, drink wine, and catch up on our favorite shows that we missed this week (yay DVR!). And maybe fight with the insurance company to stop dragging their feet and pay for the repairs to his car. They are 100% at fault for it, since they sent it to the lowest bidder that assembled it incorrectly after an accident. R should be off the hook for paying for it, but it's been almost a week now and the insurance company hasn't even talked to the dealership where the car was repaired.

R and I are celebrating my birthday tomorrow, since my actual birthday is next Tuesday and with our volatile jobs planning anything during the week is difficult (I was working until midnight last night unexpectedly, and R worked until 10). Anyways, he is being very odd about things, and I am trying to keep cool but secretly freaking out on the inside. Last night we discussed having dinner at a nice restaurant. We are also trying to figure out where to live once our apartment lease is up, and this morning I suggested looking at some apartments tomorrow. He shot it down, because "we are celebrating your birthday tomorrow." I asked him what he meant, as we had only discussed dinner, and that would leave the rest of the day. Then he tells me that he was also thinking about getting me a spa treatment before dinner, and "maybe some other things".  I will have to wait and see what he has in store, but surprises make me anxious, hence the freaking out.

Oh, and it doesn't help that the last time I had any sort of salon service done (waxing....not exactly a spa treatment IMO), he went e-ring shopping. I know this, because he couldn't decide without me there/my input, and asked me to show him my top choices online later that day. So now I'm wondering if his plan is to go out and actually buy something while I am getting my spa treatment, since he is not the type to do a spa day with me and it would get me away from him for a few hours. I will just have to wait and see, but no matter what happens, I want it to be tomorrow already! Even a spa day and nice dinner would be perfect after the week I have had!

And no plans for Sunday as of yet.

• Options

And @IrishDreamer I am so sorry that your father had to cancel. I hope you can see him soon!

@phira glad that you finally know what's wrong, and hopefully it does heal on its own!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards