Chit Chat

Hot Friday Night

What's everyone up to? FI and I just went to get sushi (our Friday night Lent tradition). Now we are home in sweat pants. He made me turn off SYTTD - it is one of the few things he refuses to watch. Now we are watching Double Jeopardy (the 90s movie with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones). He just opened some wine but is currently washing dishes.

It was a long week and we are both tired. It's nice to sit at home and relax.

Re: Hot Friday Night

• FI and I just got home from eating Hibachi. Delicousness.

I'm also tipsy/drunk. Today was not a good day.

Anniversary
  • We didn't have dinner so much as snack. I had tomatos smothered in ranch dressing and he had a pb&j. FI is in there doing something on his computer and I'm watching Dateline and playing on the internet.
  • ugh. Night just took a turn for the worse. SIL just texted me. They might have to put their dog down :(
  • Watching Marriage Boot Camp.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    DH is a working. I cooked up some orzo, sautéed some veggies and seared a tuna steak with some teriyaki for dinner. It was pretty good actually. I'm thinking of going hiking tomorrow or Sunday while DH is at work. There are ton of spots around here, I'm ready to start checking them out. I'm watching Dateline also. I forget the reporter's name, but I like his voice. ETA - umm. What happened to my paragraphs? They are there when I edit?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @sarahufl Oh no!  Your poor sister and her dog.  I'm so sorry.

I actually visited with my sister and her pup earlier tonight.  I bought shoes, and hemmed my dress for our event tomorrow.  Then I cooked dinner: tried a new tilapia recipe from Cooking Light and it was really good.  Now we're just hanging out.  Fi is watching "Batman: The Animated Series" on Amazon Prime,* and I'm about to start working on some more school stuff.  It is a really tough couple of weeks with school for me.

Before dinner, Fi went on a long bike ride up the Hudson and through Hoboken.  I'm saying it now so I have accountability to actually do it: I'm going to do my PM Yoga video tonight before going to bed. 

*Oh wait... now he's switched to a Superman cartoon.  Feeling nostalgic I guess! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• FI and I are both sick and sound terrible.  Since I was young and had mono fro the first time, I have always had epstein barr come back around March/April/May every year and I end up sick for months.  Womp womp.  We're drinking wine while he plays PayDay2 on PS3 and I play Fishdom 2 on the comp.  We're such a wild couple!  We're also both quoting lines from the Hangover and debating watching it.

• At gaming. They're slightly more insane than usual. I skipped supper and I'm starting to realize it. I'll probably end up knitting to distract myself.
  • I'm poking around on the internets while I wait for FI to get home from work.  He's apparently having a really rough day at work today, so I'm staying up to have a beer with him and listen.

And I just remembered that FI and I are going to get our wedding bands this weekend!  Wheee!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL's dog :( We are just sitting here trying to decide what to eat. I made us a fruit smoothie ( with tequila) and we are just hanging out. It's either I make us dinner or we go out. I don't want to cook but I don't want to spend money. So indecisive....
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• We had pizza and DH got to tell me to calm down as we watched our alma mater tonight. UConn baby! !
  • We had leftover tuna pasta and steamed asparagus, then FI had to run back to work to fix my monkey's headshots. She wanted to attend a convention for actors this weekend, where we will do some meet and greets with talent agents. FI didn't know the photos needed to be 8x10. Sigh.

• ugh, I feel terrible for my SIL and brother...they are both so sad. The dog was only about 4 but she swallowed something and it ruptured her intestine. The vet said she wouldn't have made it through the night. SIL has never had a pet before, so this dog was her first. They are so sad.

She was a boxer and a bit of a nut, but she was really good to my nieces.
  • @sarahfl I'm so sorry about your brother and SIL's dog.  I have a boxer too, and he's 8 (even though I only have had him for 4 years).  I'm tearing up just reading the story :'(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the most insane day at work (thanks, End of Quarter. Ugh.). I ended up gorging on Wendy's and breaking my diet (and no meat on Friday Lenten rule).

FI is having band practice in our basement right now, and I'm drinking wine and watching Something Borrowed, Something New (for lack of anything better right now).

I'm also trying to figure out how to convince FI to go to Ikea this weekend to buy the guest bed I want :)

Anddddd I may have convinced FBIL #1 to take over planning of FI's stag from FBIL #2 because #2 is hardcore slacking and doesn't seem to give a crap, whereas #1 is super pumped to plan, and I don't want FI to be disappointed.

• I've been Knotting and eating Girl Scout cookies. Because I didn't already feel fat enough (I know I'm not fat, but I could not get a single blouse to properly button this week). And I have to prepare myself for a wedding full of etiquette-fails. (I can't really say more, the person I'd be griping about is on TK somewhere).
    ~*~*~*~*~

• ugh. Night just took a turn for the worse. SIL just texted me. They might have to put their dog down :(
    I'm so sorry.
  • Home alone tonight for the first time in many months. Fi has gone turkey hunting with his dad. I lived alone for several years and it always surprises me how much I miss him now when he's gone.

The only ones keeping me company are our three dogs. I'm so sorry about your SIL's dog. I hope things turn out for the best.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• We ended up staying in. I didn't want to spend money and I would have had something unhealthy. So I made chicken and Brussels sprouts. I adore cheese so I sprinkled some cheese on the asparagus. Had we gone out, I would have got ten the Mac and cheese at the place we were thinking of going to. FI ran out and got me Riesling so now I'm sipping on vino and knotting :) That is really sad about your SIL's and brothers dog. What did he swallow? That's so heartbreaking :(
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• sarahufl said:
    ugh, I feel terrible for my SIL and brother...they are both so sad. The dog was only about 4 but she swallowed something and it ruptured her intestine. The vet said she wouldn't have made it through the night. SIL has never had a pet before, so this dog was her first. They are so sad.

:(  

That's awful, when you lose a pet with so much life ahead of it!

• sarahuflsarahufl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    RWS2011 said:
    sarahufl said:
    ugh, I feel terrible for my SIL and brother...they are both so sad. The dog was only about 4 but she swallowed something and it ruptured her intestine. The vet said she wouldn't have made it through the night. SIL has never had a pet before, so this dog was her first. They are so sad.

:(  

That's awful, when you lose a pet with so much life ahead of it!
    oh, I know. She was a sweet dog. I have a 2 y/o niece and a 6 month old niece. The dog was so wonderful with them. She would lay on the floor while they played and it never phased her if the girls sat on her or pulled her ears. She would always go along with wearing silly hats and would patiently sit by my niece and let her just go to town.

Losing pets is so sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards