Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Should I get a wedding cake? Venue options.

My venue includes a desert with lunch. I'm not a cake person, neither is fiance. I'd rather serve cheesecake.  Fiance would rather have cake there due to tradition, but doesn't care about having an actual wedding cake.

We don't want to do a whole cake cutting/feed each other cake thing. I'm thinking of skipping the traditional wedding cake altogether. Our venue has delicious cakes, and as part of the cost of lunch is a desert of our choice. They'd serve the cake already cut to my guests. Is there anything wrong with that? I don't want to have two deserts, and end up serving a traditional wedding cake on top of our desert choice from our venue. The venue does have an icecream option, so I played with the idea of picking ice cream along with bringing in our own traditional wedding cake.

Re: Should I get a wedding cake? Venue options.

• My venue includes a desert with lunch. I'm not a cake person, neither is fiance. I'd rather serve cheesecake.  Fiance would rather have cake there due to tradition, but doesn't care about having an actual wedding cake.

We don't want to do a whole cake cutting/feed each other cake thing. I'm thinking of skipping the traditional wedding cake altogether. Our venue has delicious cakes, and as part of the cost of lunch is a desert of our choice. They'd serve the cake already cut to my guests. Is there anything wrong with that? I don't want to have two deserts, and end up serving a traditional wedding cake on top of our desert choice from our venue. The venue does have an icecream option, so I played with the idea of picking ice cream along with bringing in our own traditional wedding cake.
    You don't need to have a traditional wedding cake if you don't want to. You can just go with the cake your venue already has a available. As long as there is cake I would be happy :) Anyways, if you did want to bring in a wedding cake you can do that but you certainly do not need to cut it and feed it to each other. But if I were your guest and you had cake AND ice cream, I would be your friend forever LOL!

• No, there's nothing wrong with that. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards