Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Can't believe it's finally my turn to say "I do"

Okay I need to clarify a few things before anyone comments: one, I am NOT a troll; two, I am NOT from Central New York, I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma (if anyone can tell me how to fix it, I'd appreciate it); three, my on-off relationship with my fiance has actually worked for us so I'd appreciate it if you would keep any snippy comments to yourselves. If anyone has a problem with this, I strongly recommend that you NOT reply.

My fiance proposed on March 5th, and I can easily say that I was not expecting it in the slightest. On that particular day we had gone to his job site to pick up his check, then to the bank so he could deposit it, and then to Tulsa Promenade to kill time. We dropped by Hot Topic, and he went to the bathroom. Twenty-five minutes passed, and he hadn't reappeared. Turns out he had gone to Kay's afterward, and he proposed to me IN THE STORE right after buying the ring. Needless to say, I'm a very happy woman :)

Re: Can't believe it's finally my turn to say "I do"

• Options
    Yeah....congrats......but that's probably not the best way to introduce yourself. Is there a reason you felt the need to bow up to everyone like that?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Ahhh. I just checked your posting history, and now I get it and remember you. Still think you should have been less combative in that intro.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I don't get it either, but congratulations!  If you're happy, I'm happy for you. :)
  • Options
    I am also an Oklahoma girl, and I too got with my now fiancé when I was a still a teenager, almost 6 years ago. We never broke up though. I read the post history too. I don't understand getting engaged to someone who you split up with for physical safety reasons, but if it works for you... Congratulations.
  • Options
    My goodness, that's some posting history! Congratulations? I certainly hope that your FH has gotten his anger under control, if not for you than at least for your son.
  • Options
    I really want to say congratulations, but I find your post very off-putting and abrasive. Instead I will say that I sincerely wish you good luck!
  • Options
    I'm confused.

He proposed…but you were already engaged years ago?

I mean, hey, good for you for being excited. I just don't really understand what's going on.
  • Options
    I would say congratulations, but I'd worry you'd be offended by something.

I can't pull up your posting history on mobile, so I'm not sure what you previously posted, but judging by the responses here, and your RIDICULOUS disclaimer/warning in this post, you're a bit touchy.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Uh. Congrats. Not really sure why you started this post. You seem awfully defensive. Why are you here?
  • Options
    Well you can't determine who posts what since you posted on a public board. I don't even know why you are so off putting in your first paragraph...I don't know what is really. Going on here...
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! What's your favorite dessert? What do you and your FI like to do for fun? Did your fiance go to jail and do you still fear for your and your son's safety with him?

• Options
    Yikes...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! What's your favorite dessert? What do you and your FI like to do for fun? Did your fiance go to jail and do you still fear for your and your son's safety with him?

That's all I keep thinking too! If the original post hadn't been an invite to look around in the post history, I wouldn't have noticed. Now that I have, I keep wondering why she thinks it's a good idea to marry someone who she has admitted is a safety threat around her and her young son.
  • Options
    Sorry, everyone. I'm not trying to be aggressive on purpose. I've had some people say some really hurtful things without knowing the full story, and that's frustrating. My fiance and I were in high school when I got pregnant, and trying to be a parenting couple when everyone is looking to sabotage everyone else is tough. Our relationship has undergone a beating, and each of us had personal demons breathing down our necks. We're 22 and 21 now, and it hasn't gotten any easier since 2009. For us to get this far after almost five years of battling disapproval and just general backstabbing, is a pretty amazing miracle in itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards