Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Am I overthinking it?

I had a thought, - would it be too much if I had a few small blankets for anyone that wanted to be outside for a bit of fresh air? Im getting married Halloween so the evening can be very chilly if not down right cold. The reception will be held in a hotel.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I overthinking it?

• Options
    That would be nice, but not necessary if you are trying to save money.  If you decide to get blankets, I would sett them in a basket or something so that people can grab one if they want to on their way out to the patio/whatever.  Examples:
  • Options
    I would personally just put my jacket on. And I never go outside at events for "fresh" air since it's all the smokers out there polluting the air lol 

• Options
    Lowell14 said:

I had a thought, - would it be too much if I had a few small blankets for anyone that wanted to be outside for a bit of fresh air? Im getting married Halloween so the evening can be very chilly if not down right cold. The reception will be held in a hotel.

If it were an outdoor wedding, I'd say yes.....but your is indoors in a hotel, so it just seems a little weird.   If it's cold outside, I'm not going out.  Heck, even receptions where it's nice outside I still stay inside.....THAT'S where the party is!  It's only for a few hours, it's not like I'm cooped up for days.  Even if I did have an overwhelming desire to go outside, I'd put on my jacket.  
  • Options
    I don't think most people would use one. 
  • Options
    What are people supposed to do with the blankets after they come back in? Hang onto them? Throw them out? I foresee a lot of leftover blankets in your future if you do this. I agree with Joan. If it's too cold to go outside, I am staying in or just putting on my own coat, not wrapping up in a blanket to go out for a minute. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I would skip it.  Like a poster said if I was to go outside I would just slip on my jacket or wrap my shawl that I wore to the event around myself.  I think if you do this you will have a lot of blankets to deal with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards