Ohio-Northeast
Options

Ceremony site Help!! Akron area only!!

kgunter7228kgunter7228 member
First Comment
edited January 2014 in Ohio-Northeast
I have been searching high and low for an affordable place to have our wedding ceremony! We would like it to be a fall wedding and want it to be outdoors. the only thing we require is that it's located within Akron Ohio area ( our wedding theme is Akron, since it's where we met and plan to start our lives together) I am open to any and all suggestions :)

Re: Ceremony site Help!! Akron area only!!

• Options
    kgunter7228kgunter7228 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
    We looked at Stan Hywet (ceremony only) and they want $1800 (only includes 20 chairs, after that it's an additional fee per chair) plus $500 just to take photos on the grounds that doesn't include the price of your photographer!! Stan Hywet is very beautiful but that's too expensive for our budget :(
  • Options
    Have you looked at the conrad botzum homestead?
  • Options
    Check out these rentals in Stow! We almost used Heritage Barn, but needed a full kitchen in our venue since we're self-catering. [link]

Try looking on the Summit Co. Metroparks site for reservable shelters, both open and closed. You can also try Turkey Foot Island Club in Portage Lakes.
  • Options
    Wingfoot lake state park is cute if you were thinking outdoor. They have pavilions that can be all open or closed. I think the largest pavilion that holds up to 340? people is around $300 for the day. smaller one holds 140. And of course there is the lake with the Goodyear blimp hanger there!

I had someone tell me they attended a fall wedding there, but the guy in charge of space heaters didn't bring them and it was freezing. So have a reliable back-up plan for our lovely weather ;) But the two large pavilions that are closable have fireplaces!

My wedding and reception will be there in July!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards