Chit Chat

AW: Bragging on my religious ed kids!

Today was our Sunday for Reconciliation (each month, one of the classes is assigned to go to Reconciliation in lieu of having regular class).

My kids are sixth-graders, so they're on the cusp of being able to commit serious sins but still being little-kid enough to be scared.

They all did SO GREAT today. Three of them did face-to-face, which surprised me, but I was proud. I went first and had also done face-to-face, so at least there was a precedent.

I also told them that if they were good while I was in Confession, I'd make them cookies next week. They were good, so they get cookies.

DH, meanwhile, wants to know why HE doesn't get cookies. I told him that if he had gone to Reconciliation, he would have gotten cookies, too. 

But I was so, so, SO proud of them. 
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: AW: Bragging on my religious ed kids!

• Yay for your awesome kids!!  Cookies for all!
  • Awww, awesome! Cookies are always great :) I was actually going to bake a batch today (the pilsbury dough kind) , but my lazy Sunday took over.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• That is awesome.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That's awesome! I bet the 6th graders are a handful.

What exactly is Reconciliation? Forgive me for sounding ignorant, I'm Episcopalian turned non-denominational.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That's awesome!

• That's awesome! I bet the 6th graders are a handful.

What exactly is Reconciliation? Forgive me for sounding ignorant, I'm Episcopalian turned non-denominational.
    Reconciliation is a Sacrament -- it's more commonly called Confession. You go to the priest, confess your sins, receive your penance and absolution.

Good Catholics are supposed to go often. Most of my kids hadn't been since LAST year's Reconciliation Sunday (every class does their Reconciliation a different month during our religious ed year).

And they are a handful, but they're really great -- they're at that age where, if you can get them to like you, they'll just do anything for you. They're so wonderful. I'm going to miss them when they move on at the end of the year.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards