Chit Chat

Resurrection - the tv show Spoiler Alert

edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
There was a thread a few weeks ago about this show. I wondered if any of you decided to watch Resurrection. I'm hooked. It started out so lovely and is turning creepy. There are eight episodes to this show, we're halfway through and I can't wait for the next one.

Re: Resurrection - the tv show Spoiler Alert

• I've messed up my DVR so I missed episode #2, and last night's.  Since Walking Dead is over for the season, I guess it will record the rest so I need to see if I can watch the two I've missed online. 

• I haven't watched the American version. The French version is creepy as fuck so I'm happy to hear the US show is going that direction. Maybe I'll have to check it out now. 
  • I've been watching - I have NO idea what's going on, haha. 

I'm afraid it's going to turn out to be an alien show, and I don't know how I feel about that.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited March 2014
    I hope they're going somewhere with this plot. I don't want to say too much and spoil it for those who are planning to watch. Only four episodes left for this season. I'm betting it will be renewed. Caleb's line "this is only the beginning' made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

daria24 - let us know how it stands up to the French version. 

• I hope they're going somewhere with this plot. I don't want to say too much and spoil it for those who are planning to watch. Only four episodes left for this season. I'm betting it will be renewed. Caleb's line "this is only the beginning' made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

daria24 - let us know how it stands up to the French version. 
    Can we put a "spoiler" tag in the title so we can talk about it?? haha - I've been DYING to discuss it with others, and I don't know anyone else who is watching!

*******************************************************************************************

• edited March 2014
    BriSox81  spoiler alert done.

WTH - I'm not buying the Pastor Tom and Rachel plot twist. It's not consistent with his character. What do you think of the eerie connection between Jacob and Caleb? 

I'm OK with a good Alien plot, but I hope it's better than 'V,' which was such a let down. 

• I definitely don't know how to feel about Pastor Tom & Rachel. I would like a little more background - like, did he want to be a pastor when they were together, or did that calling happen after her death? Because if that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me that he was open to her. Especially because he never told his wife - that's kind of a huge red flag to me, and another reason why I'm not totally surprised by him not telling her to leave.

The whole Caleb/Jacob thing is weird. Caleb is definitely sinister - is he the lead alien? Also, do you remember in the first episode (I think) when Maggie was examining Jacob, and she was listening to his heart, and it wasn't there at first? That was my first "this is an alien thing" moment.  

• edited March 2014
    Yes, I remember. And they seem to be going in that direction with the high metabolism thing. I think Jacob is innocent and really believes he is Jacob. I wasn't clear on what exactly was found in his casket. I'm going to watch that episode again. 

I like that they gave Ray (an Aspergers type character) such an important role. He knew instinctively that Caleb wasn't a long lost dad coming home to make up for lost time. 

• Yes, I remember. And they seem to be going in that direction with the high metabolism thing. I think Jacob is innocent and really believes he is Jacob. I wasn't clear on what exactly was found in his casket. I'm going to watch that episode again. 

I like that they gave Ray (an Aspergers type character) such an important role. He knew instinctively that Caleb wasn't a long lost dad coming home to make up for lost time. 
    Totally agree with all of this. I'm really interested to see where it goes. 

• I haven't watched it, or really wanted to. It didn't spark my interest, but kind of made me uncomfortable. I am interested in watching the French version however!

I also feel like this is an alien show.

The French version is on Netflix streaming. It's very much a thriller/suspense show. And no aliens. The location where they filmed it is also STUNNING. I WANT TO GO TO THERE. 
  • daria24 said:
    I haven't watched it, or really wanted to. It didn't spark my interest, but kind of made me uncomfortable. I am interested in watching the French version however!

I also feel like this is an alien show.

The French version is on Netflix streaming. It's very much a thriller/suspense show. And no aliens. The location where they filmed it is also STUNNING. I WANT TO GO TO THERE. 
    Oh, that makes me feel SO much better. haha

• I may subscribe to Netflix, just to watch that. 

• When and where is this show on, again? I have been meaning to watch it but keep forgetting! This thread is making me really interested haha.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• edited March 2014
    Resurrection is on Sunday nights 9 pm on ABC. If you have 'On Demand' you can see it from the first episode.

I don't remember the name of the French version @daria24

• The French version is "Les Revenants" aka "The Returned." It originally aired on Sundance channel-they are doing a marathon of season 1 on March 9. I don't know if Sundance has an On Demand option. 

I read the synopsis of the US show on Wiki (I know, I'm terrible with spoilers) and while certain characters have some story similarities (child returns to parents, suicide victim, person with criminal past) there is very little else that is the same. Even the sex, age, family circumstances are different within those characters. So the French version is like a totally different show .

And...I cannot stress this enough...no aliens. 
  • ok, this thread is OLD -- but do we know if Resurrection is coming back?  That birthmark in the last episode gave me chills and I REALLY hope it gets picked up for more seasons.  Anybody know?  

• I watched the first two or three episodes and found it dull and rather uninteresting. I had trouble feeling sympathy or compassion for the characters and just couldn't connect with them.

Should I give it another shot? Does it get more relate-able?
  • @jennycolada I liked it & was interested in the storyline.  A couple of the episodes had a "weird" feel that I just couldn't explain, and I thought they might be heading into "alien" territory, but then it circled back around and the last episode was so good.  I hope there is another season, at least. 
  • A&E is doing a version of the French show, which was amazing. I'm very curious to see what it's like. I didn't care for the ABC show at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards