May 2014 Weddings

Something Special

So my MOH is my only attendant and I want to get her something really special. She and her husband will be flying out to our wedding which will probably cost at least $600, and she has purchased her dress. She will be here several days before the wedding and will be 7 months pregnant. I have purchased her shoes for her, which were not cheap, however I still feel like I should get her something more. I also plan on paying for any salon trips, like her nails and hair for the wedding. But I just want to do more for her since she is not only the only person who will be in the wedding party but she is sacrificing so much time and money for my special day. I want to get her something nice that she will love/use I'm just not sure what. Any suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Something Special

• I've seen a lot of nice poems for a maid of honor online, maybe you can get one framed for her with maybe a perfume she likes, or a nice watch?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I was thinking jewelry...a plaque...etc but then I jumped out of the "usual" box of special and thought of something my oldest son did for me a few years ago...Name a star after her! She sounds like a very special, important "light" in your life! I cant think of another more poignant way to show her! A forever gift! You will get a certificate with the name of the constellation and the exact location of the star that is her! ( boy, I just sounded like a commercial) :) You can frame it in a beautiful frame for her to display always. For me, everytime I see the constellation 'Orion" I get so overwhelmed...even tear up most times. It was such a very thoughtful...forever gift...even if something were to happen to my framed certificate....the star is always up there! <3

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • A piece of jewlery she's been eyeing? Maybe a handbag she wouldn't normally buy herself? Or a day at the spa for the 2 of you?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All good suggestions.  I think I just need to think on it more. I was thinking about the handbag thing, and maybe filling it with something fun/sweet. 
    Anniversary
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Maybe you can plan a day for her to get a prenatal massage?  or a birchbox membership?  A nice piece of jewelry that you can have engraved.   I've never used it, but maybe a membership to blue apron or something like that to help her with meals after the baby is born. gift certificate for house cleaning service. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards