Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Sand Ceremony

Hello!

I need some help for our sand ceremony. We are getting married outside and are having 5 people bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen. 

1. Where do people usually put the table for the sand ceremony? Is it in front of the preacher or off to the side behind or in front of the wedding party? 
2. Are you using your wedding colors for the sand or colors that will go in your house for years to come? 
3. I am wearing a light ivory dress, the girls are in lavender and the guys are in charcoal gray. I was told that the guys should wear ivory shirts so that my dress doesn't look dirty. If we have the sand ceremony table up front should the table cloth be white or ivory. I just don't want my dress to look dirty next to it.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Re: Sand Ceremony

• 1. When my aunt did one, the table was up on the stage behind where the preacher/bride/groom stood.
    2. They used non-wedding colors, but that's because they had several kids each that were involved.
    3. The guys should absolutely, unquestionably wear white shirts. I promise, no one will be able to tell next to your dress and what would happen if they wore ivory is that their shirts would look dirty. The tablecloth will not matter. Your dress will look off-white, not dirty. And wedding gown 'ivory' is far more white than most other things called 'ivory.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards