Chit Chat

Easter candy

I bought some Easter candy for my nephews today and I've been sitting here munching on it. Damn you Ring Pops!!!! *sigh* now I'll have to buy more candy.

Re: Easter candy

• I bought Fi's Easter candy really early, tied up the shopping bag, and hid it under the bed.  WELL, my sister and her dog were over here cat sitting while we were away on Spring Break.  The dog found the bag, broke into it, and tried to munch on the chocolate Easter bunny!  Fortunately she didn't actually eat any of it, just scratched it up.  I think my sister found her with it before anything too terrible happened.

Now I have to buy more candy, too.  Why oh why do dogs have such a deathly love of chocolate?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I absolutely cannot buy candy too far in advance of a holiday here. FI is a chocoholic, and can tell when there is chocolate anywhere nearby. I literally had to buy Halloween candy ON Halloween so he wouldn't eat it. Even the day before is too far in advance!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm not huge on candy in general, but I do like those Candenbury eggs (is that what they're called?) now cookies, they're my weakness.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I don't like chocolate so if I buy chocolate for people I'm able to leave it alone. Lol. I have a weakness for the fruity candies though. If there are Jolly Rancher anywhere near me they won't last long.
  • I bought some peeps and hid them. I'm going to eat all of them. Not sharing. 

Peeps are my downfall.  I pop small holes in the cellophane because they are so much better when they get that right amount of firmness.  My other downfall are the cheap Stover's coconut nests.  Although in past years, they have declined considerably. They used to have a trio of small jelly beans on top to represent the eggs.  **sigh** Nothing is sacred anymore.
  • I love peeps!!! I like good jelly beans too with flavors, and I love the cadbury eggs I haven't had one in a year or two come to think of it....

Anniversary

• My boss bought a big bag of Easter candy to put out at the front desk for the patients.  Yeah....I have to sit in front of it all day...I think I last like 5 minutes before I start eating it.  I have no will power.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eating a healthy snack, like carrot sticks and hummus, cancels out all the candy right?
  • I've already gone through two bags of Easter mini reeses peanut butter cups at work this year.....

Anniversary
  • Oh dear God I succumbed to the pressure yesterday while out with FI.  I was so worked up from a BMs brunch for a wedding I'm in that I just went a little off the deep end.  On the bright side, the centerpiece on our coffee table looks super cute.

AND this means my favorite Easter-candy/Peeps activity is coming up!  The Washington Post Peeps Contest!  http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/peeps/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13 said:
    I'm not huge on candy in general, but I do like those Candenbury eggs (is that what they're called?) now cookies, they're my weakness.
    Cadbury eggs?  LOVE them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm waiting until after Easter so I can buy some of the Easter chocolates and candies on sale.  
  • My favorite candy of all time is the Jelly Bird Eggs and it only comes out during Easter. I use to buy a few bags and try to spread it out all year but I would just end up bingeing on the candy a few weeks after.
  • Another sucker for peeps here!  H just shakes his head when he finds them (I hide them to hide my shame....)
    Anniversary
  • Thank you, Dunkin' Donuts.........
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards