Wedding Etiquette Forum

Non respondent vendor...

In my research for a convenient and budget friendly reception venue I came across a place that met almost all of my requirements (budget being number one).  I corresponded with the contact via email for about a week and she consistently responded in a timely professional manner answering all of my questions.  After convincing my fiancé (who avoids wedding stuff at all costs) to come with me to visit the place we absolutely loved the place and finally meeting with the sales manager in person was great too.  She was really nice during our face to face meeting.  We went home and decided we could not pass this place up... I mean it offered everything we were looking for at a price that was even less than what we had expected on our already small budget.  After a few days I sent her an email since this is how we had always corresponded and advised her we were very interested in proceeding with a contract.  Well it's been two weeks and she hasn't responded yet.  My mom who is helping us with planning even called and spoke to her once and she told her she was sending me the contract.  Nope!  Still nothing.  What should I do?  Should I send her another email to ask her what's going on or should I pass up this awesome deal?  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

MissPinky

Re: Non respondent vendor...

• Pick up the phone and just call her
  • In my research for a convenient and budget friendly reception venue I came across a place that met almost all of my requirements (budget being number one).  I corresponded with the contact via email for about a week and she consistently responded in a timely professional manner answering all of my questions.  After convincing my fiancé (who avoids wedding stuff at all costs) to come with me to visit the place we absolutely loved the place and finally meeting with the sales manager in person was great too.  She was really nice during our face to face meeting.  We went home and decided we could not pass this place up... I mean it offered everything we were looking for at a price that was even less than what we had expected on our already small budget.  After a few days I sent her an email since this is how we had always corresponded and advised her we were very interested in proceeding with a contract.  Well it's been two weeks and she hasn't responded yet.  My mom who is helping us with planning even called and spoke to her once and she told her she was sending me the contract.  Nope!  Still nothing.  What should I do?  Should I send her another email to ask her what's going on or should I pass up this awesome deal? 

1. Page a KG, like KnotPorscha, and have her change your username to something that isn't your e-mail address.

2. I would be worried. I would call the venue, one more time, and leave a message that says, 'We have informed you we are interested in moving forward with a contract. You advised you would be sending one, but you haven't. If we do not have the contract in hand by X date, we will move forward with another vendor.' I would then send her an e-mail that details the v-mail you sent her and reiterates your willingness to walk away from the deal if necessary.

The lack of responsiveness would concern me, not gonna lie. If they're like this BEFORE they have your money, what will they be like AFTER you're already booked?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • In my research for a convenient and budget friendly reception venue I came across a place that met almost all of my requirements (budget being number one).  I corresponded with the contact via email for about a week and she consistently responded in a timely professional manner answering all of my questions.  After convincing my fiancé (who avoids wedding stuff at all costs) to come with me to visit the place we absolutely loved the place and finally meeting with the sales manager in person was great too.  She was really nice during our face to face meeting.  We went home and decided we could not pass this place up... I mean it offered everything we were looking for at a price that was even less than what we had expected on our already small budget.  After a few days I sent her an email since this is how we had always corresponded and advised her we were very interested in proceeding with a contract.  Well it's been two weeks and she hasn't responded yet.  My mom who is helping us with planning even called and spoke to her once and she told her she was sending me the contract.  Nope!  Still nothing.  What should I do?  Should I send her another email to ask her what's going on or should I pass up this awesome deal?  <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

1. Page a KG, like KnotPorscha, and have her change your username to something that isn't your e-mail address.

2. I would be worried. I would call the venue, one more time, and leave a message that says, 'We have informed you we are interested in moving forward with a contract. You advised you would be sending one, but you haven't. If we do not have the contract in hand by X date, we will move forward with another vendor.' I would then send her an e-mail that details the v-mail you sent her and reiterates your willingness to walk away from the deal if necessary.

The lack of responsiveness would concern me, not gonna lie. If they're like this BEFORE they have your money, what will they be like AFTER you're already booked?

So much this!!!  I had to pass up on my first DJ choice for the same reason.  It just doesn't sit right when someone doesn't answer multiple e-mails and phone calls
  • Call her.  Plenty of businesses don't check their emails as often as (I think) they should.  Perhaps she did mail the contract but had something wrong in the address and it got rerouted?  Just pick up the phone and speak to her!
  • In my research for a convenient and budget friendly reception venue I came across a place that met almost all of my requirements (budget being number one).  I corresponded with the contact via email for about a week and she consistently responded in a timely professional manner answering all of my questions.  After convincing my fiancé (who avoids wedding stuff at all costs) to come with me to visit the place we absolutely loved the place and finally meeting with the sales manager in person was great too.  She was really nice during our face to face meeting.  We went home and decided we could not pass this place up... I mean it offered everything we were looking for at a price that was even less than what we had expected on our already small budget.  After a few days I sent her an email since this is how we had always corresponded and advised her we were very interested in proceeding with a contract.  Well it's been two weeks and she hasn't responded yet.  My mom who is helping us with planning even called and spoke to her once and she told her she was sending me the contract.  Nope!  Still nothing.  What should I do?  Should I send her another email to ask her what's going on or should I pass up this awesome deal? 

This.  Nonresponsiveness from vendors is a huge red flag to me.  It means they don't care about you and/or they are not professional, and either way you run a huge risk that they are going to let you down.
  • Non-responsive vendors stink. My guess is you have already done this - but did you check your spam folder?  I know my security settings are picky about what comes to my regular mailbox.  I'd check your spam - it nothing is there, follow-up with a phone call.  If she doesn't get back to you - I'd look for another venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards