Chit Chat
Options

Boudoir photoshoot

Do any of you wonderful Knotties have experience with these?

I won a free shoot with print credit. Seems legit, unlike some of the other stuff I've "won" from going to a bridal show. It's this Sunday afternoon and I'm a little nervous, especially being a plus-sized bride who doesn't have a lot of "pretty things". 

Advice?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Re: Boudoir photoshoot

• Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Eeek I'm doing mine on Tuesday!

Bring some of your FIs favorite things.. like if he likes basketball bring the ball or a certain team bring a jersey.. and then bring your sexy panties.. and of course any lingerie you might have. And high heels (if you want).

A girl I'm friends with is plus-size and her photographer made her feel so comfortable and took really great photos from points of views that were flattering. Like a cowboy hat over her chest.

Are they doing your hair and makeup for you? Maybe get your nails done? I'd call the photographer for any details and suggestions.

ETA: do you have a long pearl necklace? That's pretty with nothing else!

image   image   image

• Options
    I did one and I am also plus size I had a lot of fun with it and really love the way the pictures came out. I brought 3 outfits with me and some fun stuff like an x box controller. Check to see if hair and makeup is included it was with mine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My Fi is into hunting/archery and homebrew/beer. I thought of bringing his brewery shirt (it's a nice collared navy button up with embroidered logo, just like employees wear except his name isn't embroidered on it) especially since our reception will be at that brewery. 

I don't have many heels, no stilettos, and very little nice jewelry. No pearls. I don't even have much in terms of fancy underwear. I hadn't really bought any since I gained weight, even though I love it. Maybe I should go shopping tomorrow?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    No. Hair and makeup is not included. I read their policies when I got my gift certificate in the mail. That's why I think it's legit, plus, I've called and talked to their staff a few times and they've called me to confirm as well. I can bring up to four outfits. One hour. Come prepared with hair and makeup done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @QueerFemme was a plus size bride who had a boudoir photo shoot, I believe.  
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    This one is actually my favorite. Buy some heels. You don't have to stand up on them. ;)
  • Options
    Good luck to you!

I haven't done one yet, mine is late April. 

Check out Pinterest as well. There is a ton of boudoir shoots on there, and a lot of them are plus size as well.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't always love the way I look, but I like to think I'm relatively comfortable with my body. The part that concerns me most is not being nearly naked in front of a stranger. I did that enough with dress shopping already. I'm most concerned with having nothing cute or sexy to wear.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That's what I like to hear! Do you think Fi will forgive me? :)

I'm glad there are others here who have done it and had positive experiences. Was your photographer heavy in her posing/give direction or did she expect you to do it yourself?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    I did it too and it was AWESOME. It gave me so much confidence and I felt so sexy. I made sure to bring outfits that I felt bangin' in. I don't know about your photog, but mine gave me TONS of direction. I never had to worry about whether I looked sexy or even really think about the fact that I was practically naked in front of a stranger because I was so busy following her instructions. It sounds kinda crazy, but I recommend boudoir shots to everyone. I've attached some of mine.
  • Options
    SammiNJonniSammiNJonni member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    I was also concerned about being almost naked in front of strangers. Wearing a little more sometimes is just as sexy as less. Also attaching some pics I had a robe on in these.

ETA : first pic won't turn the right direction in the thumbnail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @QueerFemme @emmyg65 thanks for sharing! I've been thinking about getting boudoir photos taken on the morning of our wedding, to give to FI as a gift for our first anniversary, but I've been feeling really self conscious. Did you use a photog who specializes in boudoir?

@lkristenj that sounds like a great excuse to get some pretty things. Let us know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lalalaurita Yep, I hired a photographer who specializes in boudoir. It was a package that included hair/makeup. I got a room at a beautiful hotel that she recommended in Philly and my then-fiance made a fun little trip out of it. I just kicked him out of the room for the photo shoot of course, but then we dressed up and went out for dinner after. It was so fun!!

I found her by googling "boudoir photography" and my city, plus the local big cities (NYC and Philly).
  • Options
    I'm not a little girl either and had shots done. Mine were NWR (actually before I met FI) but were taken by a friend who does them professionally. They made me feel amazing about myself. And when FI saw them, he loved them too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this!!!! I am scared to do this, but my DH has been hinting he'd like . I am not a very frilly or overly feminine person so this really places me outside of my comfort zone. I need to go shopping for some lingerie (nothing too out there) and I plan on having some shots in that, some team gear from his fav team, and my hair is long enough to cover my breasts, so I'll probably do some shots with just sexy panties on.

• Options
    My shoot went well on Sunday. I didn't get one shot that I really wanted, but maybe that was just me not being forward enough. My back is sore from arching/holding poses, though. I wasn't expecting that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I need to schedule mine! I bought a groupon but I forgot all about it. Crap, I hope I still have time. 

• Options
    I'm leaving for mine in 30 minutes!! AHHHHHHHHHH! I have a slightly imperfect spray tan which surprised me - twas great last night, then I woke up with white spots on my hand and upper arm. Instant tan lotion come on! My poor photographer isn't gonna know what to do with me... I think I brought like 10 outfits and 4 pairs of heels.. cuz I can't make up my mind. I'm hoping to lay everything out and her be like "oo let's do this one for these poses" excellent.

image   image   image

• Options
    @sugargirl1019 - I brought way more than the 4 outfits allowed at my photoshoot. First thing she did was have me lay them out on the bed and then she helped me pick the ones we liked best and put them on a hanger for me in the bathroom while I packed up the others. I say there's a decent chance your photographer will do the same.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lkristenj - thanks! Well I hope you had a good free session to help inspire you and make you feel sexy regardless of the pictures!

image   image   image

• Options
    Totally off topic... what should I do with my hair? My fiance prefers it down, but is that boring to just have my long straight hair down?
  • Options
    @SBmini - I totally did my hair down and straight, just like it is every day. Fi likes my long hair and I felt like any hair style would limit the options. My photographer arranged my hair out on the bed when I laid down so it splayed out. She also had me pose with my hands in my hair or holding it up to show my back. I think hair down is definitely the way to go with boudoir shoots.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I asked to have my hair curled. I so rarely have the option to have my hair professionally done that I wanted to make the most of it. I asked for big bedroom hair, a la Brigitte Bardot.
  • Options
    We did big volume, loose waves.

image   image   image

• Options

My shoot didn't include styling and I'm incompetent when it comes to hair, so that's why I went down and straight. My hair is naturally straight and very fine. I probably would have done loose waves/curls if someone was styling my hair, though. I could never do that style on my own.

@sugargirl1019 - Did you like it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yes! I was really nervous that I wouldn't look how I wanted to, but we did so many poses I know we got some great ones. One of my outfits I really really loved, so I felt good in it. We were there from 11-3 (and hair/makeup was included).

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards