Students

Bridal Shower-Tacky or practical?

I'm working full time and attending law school at night and my wedding is a month after finals, so that isn't a big deal but my spring semester is Federal Income Tax, Secured Transactions, Sales and Leases and Toxic Torts which will be a heavy load. That being said, would it be tacky for me to tell my MOH and BMs that I want my shower held on a specific day? I worry that if I leave it to my non-law school friends and family, they will hold it too close to finals. I pretty much go into lock down mode about 5 weeks before finals. Or would it be better if I communicate that after April 6, I cannot have any pre-wedding parties planned? Or should I ask them to wait until after Finals are over? Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower-Tacky or practical?

• Not tacky! Between finals, graduation, and boards, I had exactly 2 free weekends: on for my shower, and one for my bachelorette.... my group completely understood, and my MOH even had to get time off to be at them but she hasn't complained because she knows I'm being as flexible as possible!
  • They are supposed to check with you on what day you want it anyway. Before you tell them, make sure they are actually planning on throwing you one. If they haven't mentioned anything, don't say anything about it. You don't want to make them throw you a party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• mbross3mbross3 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    ETA: Just realized this is a zombie thread!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards