Snarky Brides
Options

You know what really grinds my gears?

2»

Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

• Options
    CLI242009 said:
    Any shortened word drives me crazy. I have young staff at work, and every other word out of their mouths is shortened... cray, totes, whatev
    They also have a tendency to actually say the letters such as "oh em gee" instead of "oh my god".

It's just a typical morning when I overhear them talking in sentences like:
    "oh em gee, it was totes cray"
    "el oh el, that sounds hella cray"
    I want to claw my ears off every time.

FI has a friend that says irregardless. It's just regardless.

The fact that irregardless didn't come up as a misspelled word in my typing box is scary though...
    O_O Oh man I would not want to be you.....I am so sorry you have to put up with that.      =( 

aefitz29 - My FSIL says/texts Adorbs all the damn time. You are lucky you do not hear this in real life haha

You guys might either get a kick out of this or annoyed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsecDcTpVmw
    FI and I are now obsessed with the whole Your Grammar Sucks video series. I watched the video and just couldn't get enough. Loved it.
    Your welcome. Haha - I just love Jack's reactions to the whole wrap/rap/rapping/raping grammar errors. Not too many of them, boo, but I love when a new video of YGS comes out!! Anytime I see topics that say something about people being stupid or what words you hate now a days, YGS instantly comes to mind hehe.

Don't get me started on the whole Titanic thing >.>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean, it drives me crazy especially because I hear it among my classmates who are in college!!! It just makes me cringe.
  • Options
    I hate it when people say "pacifically" instead of specifically. I always want to be like: "Really? What is it about what you're saying that pertains solely to the pacific ocean/coast? Oh...that's not what you meant?"..............
  • Options
    I can't stand irregardless and "it's a mute point."  NO, it's a moot point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options

aefitz29 what is YOLO??

I hate when my almost-MIL says "Chip-Ol-Tee" instead of Chipotle. It's Chip-ot-le!!

HisGirlFriday13 I had no idea swag was an acronym. I just thought it was a slang word for "free stuff" Thank you for teaching me something new today!

My brother does this too and it drives me bonkers.
  • Options
    The ax thing reminds me of this article I found a few months ago which I found interesting: 

With the other stuff I agree *shakes stick and yells at kids to get off my legit lawn cuz YOLO*.

Sidenote as a PNW native- I hate it when people say "Washington State". It's Washington. The other place is DC. WA>DC. Does it not make more sense to say WA DC or just DC than to add "state" onto the obvious? 

Oh and when people think I'm saying it wrong when I say Oregon. It's Or-uh-gun, not Ore-gone.
  • Options
    Conversate or conversating, as in:  We were conversating with this dude when we were interrupted by his baby mamma who was goin' all cray cray.

I also hate the terms baby mamma and baby daddy.

Just no.  
  • Options
    Conversate or conversating, as in:  We were conversating with this dude when we were interrupted by his baby mamma who was goin' all cray cray.

Just no.  
    I don't like them much either, but sometimes they are accurate. My cousin has no relationship at all with the father of her child, and nobody can figure out how to refer to him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    FiancB said:
    The ax thing reminds me of this article I found a few months ago which I found interesting: 

With the other stuff I agree *shakes stick and yells at kids to get off my legit lawn cuz YOLO*.

Sidenote as a PNW native- I hate it when people say "Washington State". It's Washington. The other place is DC. WA>DC. Does it not make more sense to say WA DC or just DC than to add "state" onto the obvious? 

Oh and when people think I'm saying it wrong when I say Oregon. It's Or-uh-gun, not Ore-gone.
    FiancB I am seriously hugging you right now. As a native Oregonian (near Portland), both of those things bother me so much.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Oh, yes, LIKE, don't forget LIKE when people replace LIKE commas with LIKE.

NO LIKE!!!!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    FiancB said:

FiancB I am seriously hugging you right now. As a native Oregonian (near Portland), both of those things bother me so much.
    I grew up in Astoria, went to college in Corvallis, and moved to MN 4 years ago. I love it when I say Oregon and people look at me funny and try to passive aggressively correct me by repeating it their way. lol. I heard it on a Perkins commercial the other day too and I wanted to call them up and bitch them out. 
  • Options

Kerigirl9 said:
    Supposubly. Ugh
    I just picture Joey from FRIENDS saying it over and over, trying to figure out why this is wrong!

My fiancee uses "totes" just because she knows it makes me insane.

I will admit to using legit occasionally, but mostly because I know I am not cool and so it sounds funny!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

Just no.  
    I don't like them much either, but sometimes they are accurate. My cousin has no relationship at all with the father of her child, and nobody can figure out how to refer to him.
    Does he have a name?  Might be a good place to start.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Inkdancer said:

Just no.  
    Or 'the father of my child' if you don't want to use the name I guess. Or perhaps 'sperm donor' is more accurate?
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

Just no.  
    Or 'the father of my child' if you don't want to use the name I guess. Or perhaps 'sperm donor' is more accurate?
    Sperm donor is what I call my bio-father! (See also: bio-source, gene-donator, douche-face rat bastard.)

And we would love to call the dude by his name, but my cousin isn't actually sure which of two guys it is, so.... the whole situation is awkward. smh
    eyeroll
  • Options
    @shrekspeare Every time you speak my girl-crush intensifies.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I hate, HATE when people from Pittsburgh say yinz instead of "you all" or "you guys". I'm from the area and I CANNOT stand it. 

My ex also would say "smite" instead of "spite." As in, "She's just doing that to smite me" instead of "She's just doing that to spite me." I finally asked him if the person doing the "smiting" knew God or Thor, or if she/he had a preferred smiting object. He never understood the difference... It drove me crazy.
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    FiancB said:

I grew up in Astoria, went to college in Corvallis, and moved to MN 4 years ago. I love it when I say Oregon and people look at me funny and try to passive aggressively correct me by repeating it their way. lol. I heard it on a Perkins commercial the other day too and I wanted to call them up and bitch them out. 
    FI is in Corvallis right now!   I'm in California. Actually I was holding office hours today and talking to a student who asked where I was from (he was from LA), I said "Oregon" (properly of course). He repeated "Oh, where at in Oregon" but said it wrong. Seriously? I just told you how to pronounce it and you are form the West Coast! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards