Maine

Reasonable Barns in Maine

My fiance and I are looking to get married at a barn in Maine and am looking for some advice on places people know about and have seen. The barns we have found are rather pricey and am looking for some advice from other brides. Thank you!

Re: Reasonable Barns in Maine

• I found a barn for 10,500 and that was too pricey. My hope is to do the whole wedding under 10,000. I know it seems like a lofty goal but I am hoping to make it work. I'd love to find a place that is 5,000 or under if possible. Thanks!
  • i am having my wedding and reception at the chandler house bed and breakfast. i also priced out other barns and had 2 that were over 10,000 which is RIDICULOUS! and i fell in love with my venue as soon as i saw it. the total cost for my venue with the rental of the guest house from friday night to saturday is only around $1300... now i am not sure if the pricing is still the same where i reserved my venue 2 months after i got engaged in november of 2011. but definitely contact the owners. they are amazng to work with.  the venue is all DIY though.. just FYI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having my wedding at the Stone Mountain Arts Center in Brownfield,ME which is right next to Fryeburg and only 20 minutes or so from North Conway, NH. They have all inclusive plans, so for about 10,500 for 85 guests I get access to their two restored barns which are beyond beautiful, an hour of open bar (beer and wine) for cocktail hour, all the food for the catering including hot and cold appitizers for cocktail hour, a two tier cake as well as a bunch of cupcakes, the table flowers for the recption, champange toast, use of their sound systems, and all the table, chairs, linens, table ware, etc. I did the early bird special, where we payed for the wedding upfront but in exchange we got 20% off everything. My final price of around 10500 also includes all taxes and gratuity! I have some pictures of the barns if you would like to see!
  • This is all so helpful thank you so much. I would love to see those barns if you could post them that would be grea. I did contact the Chandler House as it looked so beautiful but haven't heard back yet. I am excited to start this process :)

• Shady Hill Farms in New Gloucester is a great new spot.  I know they are new and it is a great spot.....

my gf looked there and thought it looked great. she said they are discounting rates as it is the first year.

erin
  • I have been to this place and I really think you would love it! It's in the midcoast area and is very reasonable. Good luck. http://maineweeklyrental.com/
  • klcanningklcanning member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Both under 5K
    Marianmade Farms - no accomodations but partner resort less than 1 mile away.
    Barn at Hardy Farms - includes accommodations for 33 people.

Broadturn Farm - 3K, blank slate, no accommodations, but close to portland, ME
  • The Causeway Club in Acadia Park is only $1,500.
  • I'm getting married at the Barn at Hardy Farm next September and I highly recommend them. Very affordable and they have been amazing to work with. Answers all emails with 24 hours (usually more like 3-4) and they are so flexible with everything I have asked them! I can't wait!

• Went to a wedding at Barn at Hardy Farm and it was absolutely lovely! I second this recommendation :)
  • edited November 2013
    You should look up barns in Minot, ME to see if an event barn pops up. Its brand new, they may not even be open for business yet, but I'm sure they're eager to book. They also have one in Hebron.
  • Has anybody heard of the 1813 Wedding Barn in Bethel, Maine? I've been doing extensive research on this place and looks like they possibly just purchased the barn but the photos on their website under "1813 Barn Photos" are from pinterest? 
  • I'm getting married at Mallett Barn at Wolfe's Neck farm. The location is beautiful. I believe it was a 4,000 deposit just for the venue. It is not cheap, but more reasonable than some. The Barn at Walnut Hill is beautiful but is over 10,000 for just the venue! 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Vendors are not allowed to advertise on TK.  It was in the terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up for this account.  You've posted the same thing 3 times today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards