Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Different Honeymoon

hlvonbhlvonb member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
edited April 2014 in Honeymoon Discussions
So my FI and I have decided to go to an amusement park / water park (whatever they're technically called) for our honeymoon. 

It fits who we are and our personalities perfectly. We're really big kids at heart and love to goof around and have fun.

We will have been engaged for 19 months by the time we're married and spent the first year looking at and talking about things like Cancun, Hawaii, Bahamas, Niagra Falls, etc and that seems "boring" to us. (NOTE: I am not saying that anyone else who would go on a honeymoon to one of the places I mentioned is having a boring honeymoon. I know they won't. I mean that it would not be something we're into. Not trying to offend anyone)

We're thinking of going somewhere we've never been and that's out of the state we live in. Our number one pick right now is Cedar Point in San Dusky, OH. 

Totally excited :)

Re: Different Honeymoon

• Options

Nice! Whatever you guys love!!

I hate amusement parks- I find it just standing in long lines all day surrounded by whiney children.

You could always do Disneyland in Anaheim because there is lots of other stuff to check out like downtown LA and the ocean if you wanted to do something else for a day.

• Options

Cedar Point is a great place (I live in Ohio). Lots of great hotels in the area. I would recommend getting a two day pass so that way you don't feel rushed going through the park. I can't remember if they have 3 day passes, but if they do, then you could spend just a whole day at the water park. Do you need a full day for the water park? Probably not, but you are going to be on your honeymoon & probably would like to be able to sleep in & relax a little.

In case you need other ideas for things to do in that area, Put-in Bay is a fun place to go in the summer. It's a ferry ride away. You can rent bikes or golf carts to go around the island. Some good places to eat, lots of bars, putt putt, a winery, and I think kayak rentals too (or that may be Kelly's Island which is near by there too). Also some beaches to relax at. Look up the Port Clinton area for other ideas of things to do in case you want to spend a full week in the area. Also if you like the idea of going to the islands, look up Miller's Ferry, if you sign up for their emails, you can get all sorts of coupons for things to do. No reason not to save some money, then your budget will go further.

• Options
    Whatever floats your boat. SIL and her H went to Disneyworld for their Honeymoon. They had a blast.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

Nice! Whatever you guys love!!

I hate amusement parks- I find it just standing in long lines all day surrounded by whiney children.

You could always do Disneyland in Anaheim because there is lots of other stuff to check out like downtown LA and the ocean if you wanted to do something else for a day.

@jenna8984

We didn't even think about that one (see red). That's a good one to look into :)
  • Options
    Erikan73 said:

Cedar Point is a great place (I live in Ohio). Lots of great hotels in the area. I would recommend getting a two day pass so that way you don't feel rushed going through the park. I can't remember if they have 3 day passes, but if they do, then you could spend just a whole day at the water park. Do you need a full day for the water park? Probably not, but you are going to be on your honeymoon & probably would like to be able to sleep in & relax a little.

In case you need other ideas for things to do in that area, Put-in Bay is a fun place to go in the summer. It's a ferry ride away. You can rent bikes or golf carts to go around the island. Some good places to eat, lots of bars, putt putt, a winery, and I think kayak rentals too (or that may be Kelly's Island which is near by there too). Also some beaches to relax at. Look up the Port Clinton area for other ideas of things to do in case you want to spend a full week in the area. Also if you like the idea of going to the islands, look up Miller's Ferry, if you sign up for their emails, you can get all sorts of coupons for things to do. No reason not to save some money, then your budget will go further.

@Erikan73

Thanks so much! I copied and pasted your message and put it in a note on my desktop on my computer so I remember to do some research on some of the things you mentioned. And we love saving money when we can. We're not afraid to use coupons ;)
  • Options
    MayDay513 said:
    Whatever floats your boat. SIL and her H went to Disneyworld for their Honeymoon. They had a blast.
    @MayDay513

That would be a fun Honeymoon! We thought about that but then realized we've been there multiple times. Haha
  • Options
    Disneyland is much smaller than Disneyworld. You could definitely do it in 3 days with two adults pretty efficiently. Also there's Universal Studios Hollywood and Knots Berry Farm in case you wanted to go to California.
  • Options
    Cedar Point is amazing.  I live near there and have visited many many times.  The water parks in sandusky are award winning.  They have two very large indoor water parks in Sandusky in case of bad weather.  Great Bear Lodge is a great place to stay.   Im curious, where do you live?
  • Options
    MayDay513 said:
    Disneyland is much smaller than Disneyworld. You could definitely do it in 3 days with two adults pretty efficiently. Also there's Universal Studios Hollywood and Knots Berry Farm in case you wanted to go to California.
    @MayDay513

Thanks for the ideas!
  • Options
    Cedar Point is amazing.  I live near there and have visited many many times.  The water parks in sandusky are award winning.  They have two very large indoor water parks in Sandusky in case of bad weather.  Great Bear Lodge is a great place to stay.   Im curious, where do you live?
    @ktjanesmom

We live in WI and will probably drive because it will be about a 6 or 7 hour drive for us.
  • Options
    Well if you love roller coasters Cedar Point is the place to be for sure.  No matter where you go on your honeymoon the important thing is that you are together with your new husband enjoying down time together.  Cedar Point also had a beautiful beach area right on Lake Erie.
  • Options
    Well if you love roller coasters Cedar Point is the place to be for sure.  No matter where you go on your honeymoon the important thing is that you are together with your new husband enjoying down time together.  Cedar Point also had a beautiful beach area right on Lake Erie.
    @ktjanesmom

We're looking forward to being together with no interruptions and I saw pictures of the beach area. Looks beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards