Wedding Invitations & Paper

Announcements

I am really torn here. My fiancee and I are having a relatively small wedding. 80 people is the absolute cap. He has a very small list, literally like 16 people. My family is huge and I feel obligated to invite everyone even though I'm not necessarily in contact with or close to some of them. Is it acceptable to just send those relatives a marriage announcement? Or do I have to bite the bullet and invite them anyway? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Announcements

• Don't invite people you don't want to have, or can't accommodate, at the wedding. It's fine to send out announcements. They should go out right after the wedding.
  • Announcements are sent to people who were not invited to your wedding.  They are sent only AFTER the ceremony, not before.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Announcements are sent to people who were not invited to your wedding.  They are sent only AFTER the ceremony, not before.
    How long after a marriage can announcements be sent? They won't know until the day before when they will be married (depends on which judge is available which day to perform the ceremony).  Since the announcements will be DIY, it may be up to four days before they are able to print them and send them out.
  • CRNewcomb said:
    I am really torn here. My fiancee and I are having a relatively small wedding. 80 people is the absolute cap. He has a very small list, literally like 16 people. My family is huge and I feel obligated to invite everyone even though I'm not necessarily in contact with or close to some of them. Is it acceptable to just send those relatives a marriage announcement? Or do I have to bite the bullet and invite them anyway? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Invite only those people you are close to, although if you love Aunt Mildred but can't stand her husband, Uncle Fred, you still have to invite him because they're a social unit.

Do not invite more people than your venue can hold, and do not count on declines.

It's wise to invite in circles, but not necessary. However, if you have six aunts and they're all close but you're only close to five of them, so you only invite those five, expect some hurt feelings.

Announcements should be sent the day after the wedding, and should contain only the bare essentials: Groom and Bride were united in marriage on XX date at XX location. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Announcements do not need to be sent out on the day of the wedding, but they should be sent as soon as possible.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Well its is true that announcements can be sent after the wedding ceremony for all those people who were not invited on the wedding party. There is no point of inviting the people who are not in contact with you.

To tell them about your wedding, you can send wedding announcement to them afterwards.

With great joy we announce that
    we were married on
    ABC date
    in XYZ place

We deeply missed having you there, but you were in our hearts.

With Love

Your Names
  • Well its is true that announcements can be sent after the wedding ceremony for all those people who were not invited on the wedding party. There is no point of inviting the people who are not in contact with you.

To tell them about your wedding, you can send wedding announcement to them afterwards.

we were married on
    ABC date
    in XYZ place

With Love

Your Names
    I would definitely NOT say this. It makes it sound like they were invited and declined, which is not the case at all if you're not close enough with these people to invite them. Don't make excuses, keep it simple, to the point, and accurate.

• Lolo8383 said:

Well its is true that announcements can be sent after the wedding ceremony for all those people who were not invited on the wedding party. There is no point of inviting the people who are not in contact with you.

we were married on
    ABC date
    in XYZ place

With Love

Your Names
    I would definitely NOT say this. It makes it sound like they were invited and declined, which is not the case at all if you're not close enough with these people to invite them. Don't make excuses, keep it simple, to the point, and accurate.
    Definitely DON'T do the bolded. 
  • Announcement wording is very simple, and the wording is very traditional.. No wedding details should be included.

Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    announce their marriage
    Date
    City, State

Amygrant20's wording is improper and rude.  Announcements, like wedding invitations, are worded in the third person.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards