North Carolina
Options

Negotiating with Vendors??? HELP!

Hey y'all!

I am just starting to plan my wedding for April 2013.  I know we are really far out but we want to go ahead and book our reception venue since it books up fast.  Has anyone had any success negotiating with vendors?  We want a particular reception site but the venue doesn't provide tables and chairs.  Has anyone ever negotiated this into the contract?  I'm not sure if this is even possible.  Thanks so much for any advice!

Re: Negotiating with Vendors??? HELP!

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked if they have tables/chairs available?  There may be a very basic reason why they don't provide them.

And ETA to actually answer your question:  We had some success negotiating with the caterer (upgrade in food option for the same price type things), but didn't really try with other vendors.
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I havent had to negotiate for tables or chairs, but we did for time usage / price. . . etc.

Just have a strong hold of what you'd like. Voice it in a 'non-rude' way, because you don't want to come off at bitchy, but you also don't want to come off as a doormat either. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that correctly. . .I didnt sleep well last night, sorry.

Honestly, right now, a lot of vendors are willing to work with their clients. And the worst that could happen is they'll say 'No'.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Someone once told me that it never hurts to ask, and at the end of the day, sales people won't remember the person who tried to haggle they'll only remember the fool who paid full price without putting up a fight.

If they can't or won't include tables and chairs tell them you'll have to get back to them after you've called some rental companies. Then see if you can get a price break for some of the cost you'll pay for the rentals. At least try to talk them down enough to cover the rental delivery cost.

1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards