Connecticut

Water's Edge Resort and Spa?

Hello Everyone!

I am considering Water's Edge and am having a hard time deciding.  I have heard wonderful and not so good things about this place throughout the web.  Can anyone please share what you thought about this place if you have had a wedding at this venue?  It would be so helpful to hear from some previous brides from this board!  Also, any opinions about Saybrook Inn?  They seem very similar but maybe not so much of a wedding factory.

Thanks again for any and all responses :)

Re: Water's Edge Resort and Spa?

• edited December 2011
    Okay well I may be biased but I work at the Saybrook Point Inn and have heard from many potential brides that they looked at Waters Edge and the Saybrook Point and chose us over them. We aren't a wedding factory and make sure that each and every wedding and bride are catered to in the best ways possible. You'll love Liz the wedding coordinator, all the staff that will work your wedding, and of course the food. Depending on the time of year you can get married outside with an ocean back drop or inside in our timeless ballrooms. I truly truly beg you to reconsider waters edge and come take a wedding tour at Saybrook Point Inn. If you do, I hope I get to meet you! :)
    Future Mrs Williamson Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on the type of wedding you want.  We went to a wedding at Waters Edge last summer and it was a lot of fun.  The B&G were really fun crazy party people.  They had an afternoon reception which saved them a ton of money and then we all stayed (most people stayed at the resort or a nearby hotel) and partied at the outdoor bar for the rest of the night.  It didn't bother them at all that there were multiple weddings going on or that guests at the resort could essentially watch your ceremony. 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Waters Edge in June and LOVED it there. Our guests are still commenting on how much fun it was and how beautiful everything was. I definitely did not think of it as a "factory". We worked with Cindy as our wedding coordinator there and she did a fabulous job. She even sat with me before the ceremony when I almost fainted and thought I was about to throw up. She went and got me peanut butter crackers and gingerale and sat with me did everything she could to help me feel better. That alone I will never forget aside from her making sure every little detail was perfect. We originally chose the place because of the views, the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, and their great packages, complimentary massages, complimentary accomodations, the wedding cake was included, open bar was included, anniversary dinner next year is included, and the list goes on..
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_waters-edge-resort-spa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:51e21ada-79a5-499d-b1da-414637a95c14Post:70dadfb7-ced0-4a12-87c9-71e31cfb9165">Re: Water's Edge Resort and Spa?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at Waters Edge in June and LOVED it there. Our guests are still commenting on how much fun it was and how beautiful everything was. I definitely did not think of it as a "factory". We worked with Cindy as our wedding coordinator there and she did a fabulous job. She even sat with me before the ceremony when I almost fainted and thought I was about to throw up. She went and got me peanut butter crackers and gingerale and sat with me did everything she could to help me feel better. That alone I will never forget aside from her making sure every little detail was perfect. <strong>We originally chose the place because of the views, the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, and their great packages, complimentary massages, complimentary accomodations, the wedding cake was included, open bar was included, anniversary dinner next year is included, and the list goes on..
    </strong>Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.  That's why we went w/ Water's Edge over Old Saybrook.  My wedding isn't until next Friday but Cindy has been great to work with so far!  I even went to the Sunday Brunch w/ my family b/c I figured it would give me a big tasting of what they would serve at a buffet style wedding and the food was great!   
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked over the packages at Saybrook Point Inn, and they don't offer nearly as much as Waters Edge. Everything from cocktail hour to dinner service and the extras we had in our packages, I think you'll get a lot more through Waters Edge. It's beautiful there, I just think you'll get more with your package at Waters Edge.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much for your input!  I am also planning to have a day time wedding and I hope wherever I end up it will be a fun and beautiful day!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings at Water's Edge and stayed there myself.  It is very pretty, but the downside is that all the people who are staying at the hotel are all around.  If you're looking for a private ceremony, drinks on the patio, etc, you will not get it- people will be constantly walking around.  Just something to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards