Texas-Houston
Options

Houston area alterations

I live in the League City area and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of places I can take to get my alterations done. I need to have my dress shortened and taken in a little. I also need to get the bustle done. I was hoping to stay south of downtown Houston for my alterations. Hopefully for a reasonable price but I don't want to sacrifice quality!

Re: Houston area alterations

• Options

I'm not familiar with the League City area. I did get a card from a bridal boutique I went to. They said that they frequently get simple alterations done there and that he's very good. I ended up buying my dress somewhere else that will do the alterations in house (even though I know it will likely cost me more) so I am not planning on using him. I have no experience with him personally, but know that the girls at the boutique in the same shopping center (just a few shops down from him, actually) highly recommended him if I wanted something simple done that would cost 10x more in their boutique. They also said that he can do practically anything, but it would definitely be cheaper to have him do a hem than to have them do it. Maybe that helps, even though it's not really in your area.

Alteration & Tailoring
    by John

5164 Buffalo Speedway
    At Westpark in hte Kroger Center
    Houston, TX 77005

Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 6 PM
    Sat: 10 AM - 5 PM

Telephone: (713) 667-4800
    Cell: (832) 434-5388

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    I live in League city but did travel  little distance to get m dress altered. She is great and iexpensive. It is Jane's Bridals in Pearland. A friend recommended her after getting alterations somewhere else that as she said "ruined" her dres. Janes was able to fix it for her. O also needed mine ry cleaned before the wedding (it was a used dress bought at an antique fair). She had it done at a place she recommends and it turned out great. For alterations she even replaced missing had sewn pearls on the dress. I think the alterations and dry cleaning was around $150 total. (alteration was around $60 maybe). Forgot to mention that when I tried on the dress the week before the wedding I realized it needed to be take in more because the weight of the dress did not fall in the right place. She did the wrk uickly, inexpensive and I had it back in a few days.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I am going to look up the info and give them a call!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards