June 2014 Weddings
Options

Milestone-1st invitation RSVP

We sent the international (mostly Canada) invites out last week so they would arrive at the 12 (ish)-week mark.  I also sent them to the wedding party.  And we have back our first RSVP.  So silly to be excited, but I am.  Maybe I'm just happy to have those invitations done?  But things are starting to pick up speed.  Tomorrow we will be at 100 days and the long engagement will soon be a marriage :-)
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Milestone-1st invitation RSVP

• Options

Awesome. I haven't even  begun to address my invitations, and it requires some gluing which is about as crafty as I can get.... I'll start this weekend but I can't wait for them to be done!

Anniversary

• Options
    Congratulations! I finally finished addressing mine, and sent out the ones to out-of-town guests. I'll send the others out in a week or two. No responses yet, but I can't wait to start getting them back!
  • Options
    Yay! That's so exciting! I'm stressing out majorly about my invitations...they still aren't printed. My FMIL is printing them and hasn't had time :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! That's so exciting! I'm stressing out majorly about my invitations...they still aren't printed. My FMIL is printing them and hasn't had time :/
    You still have time.  Typically you mail them 8 weeks out (maybe a bit earlier for out of state/town guests).  Do you have a complicated assembly once they are printed?

I still have to gather addresses for our local people.  I'll put FI on that task :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YAY!

I have mine all addressed, sitting in a box waiting to be mailed. I can't wait to get them out and start getting back my rsvp's. I don't have any international guests, but maybe I'll send the wedding party theirs :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    Sweet! I got my first RSVP back this past weekend. You may say, hey that seems weird.. but it is because it was my best man, who lives 2 doors down from us currently in townhouses lol. I didn't mail his, but hand delivered it after we were done assembling them this past weekend.

I'm still waiting for stamps from the post office to seal and stamp mine... apparently wedding cake stamps are not that popular here in lovely coastal NC.... ugh!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Sweet! I got my first RSVP back this past weekend. You may say, hey that seems weird.. but it is because it was my best man, who lives 2 doors down from us currently in townhouses lol. I didn't mail his, but hand delivered it after we were done assembling them this past weekend.

I'm still waiting for stamps from the post office to seal and stamp mine... apparently wedding cake stamps are not that popular here in lovely coastal NC.... ugh!
    I used these for rsvp's

And these for the invites
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    CheleLyn said:

I used these for rsvp's

And these for the invites
    Those are the stamps we were going to use. (I bought the forever stamps before the price went up.) But our invites are a little over 1 oz so we need to get the 70 cent stamps. FI is going tomorrow to get them and we are sending them out next week.. eek!

• Options
    I had seen something on pinterest (the horror) about numbering RSVP cards (on the back) so that you know who it came from if they don't fill out their name... Did you do this?  I would like to give credit to my guests for knowing to put their name on the RSVP card, but I wasn't sure if anyone has actually had this happen or if they think it's even necessary?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    mcgarci2 said:
    I had seen something on pinterest (the horror) about numbering RSVP cards (on the back) so that you know who it came from if they don't fill out their name... Did you do this?  I would like to give credit to my guests for knowing to put their name on the RSVP card, but I wasn't sure if anyone has actually had this happen or if they think it's even necessary?
    Not a bad idea.  What I like is when the guest(s)' names are filled in for them with just a check box for accept/decline.  It staves off confusion of who is actually invited and you don't have to have the "# of seats reserved" (which some guests actually take to mean they have that many seats and may give one away to a friend if they or their SO can't attend--yikes!).  Of course the downside is you have to write in all their names.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FMIL (who printed the invites) was actually able to run a program that printed all of the guests names onto their response cards. It was pretty awesome. 

@mcgarci2 I've seen that too. The one I like better is when you use a uv marker and black light. That way the guests won't see(unless they pull out their own black light).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got my first RSVPs back yesterday.  Was super excited to open them.  And now I wish that I had numbered the RSVPs before sending them.  I just made a spreadsheet with each guest's name and entree selection (or decline box) to keep track of them.

Of course I forgot to print a copy out at work and my printer at home is out of ink...
  • Options
    I just got my first two back. I was thrilled!
  • Options
    I just got my first two back. I was thrilled!
    Yay!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am very happy that I numbered my RSVPs. We had silver cards, and I used a silver Sharpie on the back with small writing. Not visible unless you're looking for. It's been a lifesaver since we have only received 3 with names written in, and about that many who added a return address label to the envelope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards