March 2015 Weddings

Hey ladies-just an intro

Just wanted to say hey. My wedding date is March 28. We live in GA. I'm a teacher and he works in retail. We have a tight budget 6,000 for everything. A lot of DIY and budget shopping. My colors are gold and blush. I'm really excited about wedding planning but other than asking a million questions on The Knot and touring two venues we haven't done much at all. We are in a small town and whenever I talk to vendors they make me feel like my wedding is years away so I'm waiting until April to start meeting with vendors and putting down deposits. Anyway, nice to meet you ladies. I look forward to many great convos.

Re: Hey ladies-just an intro

• we havent looked at anyplace yet because iI feel its far away. even thoughwe were at a cake testingto get ideas and the couple kn front of me were getting married june 2015. 
  • oh and our budget is roughly $4500. if you go to wedding fairs you can get free stuff. also, you can book a dress try on or whatever and you get a coipon for an extra $50 off. you dont have to buy you can put them on a wish list. iI am going feb 28th. but wont go back till prob oct. 
  • I guess it's a regional thing-Miami has been booking up like CRAZY for March! I'm finalizing the contract with the reception space and my church is already booked. 

imageimage

• Hey!  Our wedding date is March 14, we are getting married on our 5 year anniversary!  (March 28th is my birthday!!)  Our budget is 5000-6000.  Less if we can swing it!  Luckily we have a friend who is going to make our cake and won't charge a bunch.  Our photographer isn't too badly priced.  Lots of DIY.  We haven't booked anything yet because we live in a small town in PA and I feel like people will think I'm crazy!  I have talked to the photographer and told her I want her for sure and plan to give her our deposit when we go for spring/Easter pics on April 12.  I've gone to one bridal show with my MOH & my mom.  I have the entire thing planned out pretty much and started our flowers (doing paper)
  • @misspai66 Hey! We live in small town too and I have just started seriously looking at venue and to my surprise a few places already have my date booked. So I guess our weddings arent as far away as we think lol
  • Ah!  That's crazy!!  I have been saying for a few weeks I need to start calling places, getting prices and asking to see the place if I haven't seen it before and keep putting it off.  Maybe I shouldn't put it off too much longer!
  • @misspai66 I live in Vegas so things naturally book up quicker here, but I booked all my vendors 18-12 months in advance and nobody thought I was nuts! So definitely don't feel like you're doing it too soon - the sooner you move on it the more likely you are to get what you want! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah, I bet there you'd have to book asap!  I'm going to get on it!  I swear!  I live in a really small town in PA and not a lot of people get married in March so I hopefully won't have too many problems but I do need to get a venue and caterer booked since those things could easily be booked for other events!  
  • We got engaged on March 13 and are getting married March 15th next year. Looks like we're tippy-toeing around your day. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • T and I haven't finalized a date yet, but we're getting married next March - which will be about a year after I proposed on our four-year anniversary! We've done almost nothing yet, are waiting to talk to my folks about their perspective on the budget/guest list, but have confirmed a few of the places we're interested in have availability next March, so hopefully it won't be a big deal that we waited to get started ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards