Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Sound Off: Man-gagement rings?

Hey Knotties! 

So what do you all think of this whole "man-gagement" trend? Cute? Tacky? Weird?

Share your thoughts below!

Re: Sound Off: Man-gagement rings?

• Options
    I like it in theory, but Fi doesn't have one. I did mention to him that I think it's a little sad that I get some cute ring to show off and get everyone excited for me and that everyone else just has to trust that he's engaged. :(

If it were me, I'd be a little jealous of my bling!

Plus I just like shopping, so there's that.
  • Options
    @chibiyui, rawr.

In all seriousness, I believe that both men and women in Scandinavian cultures wear engagement rings. If BF were to want one, ok, if not, ok too.
  • Options
    …Is this why dumb college girls keep trying to tell FI he must be unfaithful because he's not wearing an engagement ring? 

Sigh, @Chibiyui I will be needing one of those rings so that everyone can know FI is faithful.  Can the cock be giant with flashing lights so that everyone can see it from a mile away and think to themselves "Now that is one faithful guy, just look at the size of his mangagement ring?"
  • Options
    …Is this why dumb college girls keep trying to tell FI he must be unfaithful because he's not wearing an engagement ring? 

Sigh, @Chibiyui I will be needing one of those rings so that everyone can know FI is faithful.  Can the cock be giant with flashing lights so that everyone can see it from a mile away and think to themselves "Now that is one faithful guy, just look at the size of his mangagement ring?"
    Not only can the erect, throbbing cock be giant with flashing lights, I'll also put a cock ring around the base of it in a contrasting metal. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

Not only can the erect, throbbing cock be giant with flashing lights, I'll also put a cock ring around the base of it in a contrasting metal. 
    How very fashion forward.  I will be placing my order asap.
  • Options
    Ah, yes!  One more thing the jewelry industry and the wedding industry wants to convince us that we HAVE TO BUY! $$$$
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I'm only here for Chibiyui's cock talk.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    DH got an engagement ring shortly after I did. He liked the idea of having his own special token to symbolize our engagement. Now that we're married, he wears it on his right hand.

I agree with PP that the term man-gagement ring is stupid and silly.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I actually wasn't familiar with the term "man-gagement" until more recently. When my FI and I were talking about the furture and what I was looking for in a ring, and his tastes, we also discussed sizes, and he wasn't really sure, and I was unsure since the ring I used to wear on a similar finger was too big, and between running and work wasn't really sure of the right size. So, some may think it silly I'm aware, but we got a couple cheap simple bands that could try out for sizes and styles that both of us could wear to try out wearing all day, to work (both in the medical field) and I could use for when run etc and see what size was most comfortable etc; and he actually ended up liking one of his so much that he kept wearing it all the time even though we weren't engaged, and now that we are he still continue to wear his and states can if can't afford his real wedding right away and probably will always keep it for travel, work, w.e his reasons may be. I hadn't thought about the term until a friend of ours mentioned that term when he saw it. So guess to each their own? I never considered ours in that category, but others might. Up to each couple/FI I'd say.

• Options
    It would be nice (for me anyway) for other females to know that FI is engaged without him having to say it. I know he gets really pumped up and proud when he sees me wearing my engagement ring, because it's a way of showing the world that his girl is taken. At times, I've wished that I could say the same for him, but it doesn't really bother me.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I agree that the term "man-gagement ring" is horrible. 

I really like the idea of men's e-ring.  Shortly after getting engaged, I mentioned the idea to FI in passing and he liked the idea and wanted to do it. So, we shopped around and found one he liked. As a result, we discovered that his job (electrician) and hobby (welding) aren't very metal friendly.  We knew they weren't metal friendly, we had just never really considered that aspect with ring purchases.  So, he now keeps his e-ring in his wallet, since he still wants to keep it with him even if he can't wear it.  And since the ring helped us realize that issue, we knew to shop for non-metal rings for his wedding band, and ended up choosing a ceramic ring.  I'm not sure what he'll do with the e-ring after the wedding though.

• Options
    Well, damn.  I thought my FI would think this was ridiculous, but he seems interested in the idea, so I just ordered him an inexpensive titanium and sterling silver band to wear until the wedding. 

• Options
    jessethebyahjessethebyah member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2014
    My fiance wears one! I like that he does, makes me feel special. It's a gorgeous ring, too. It was inexpensive and he might want a different wedding ring but honestly it's heavy and good looking and it's holding up great! I believe it is titanium and it's pretty similar to this one.
  • Options
    My FI would never wear an engagement ring but I have no issues if other couples choose to.
  • Options
    BFs response - "No way, thats a waste of money"

I personally don't have any issue/opinion about it. But I now I know where he stands . . . haha
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    My FI has an engagement bracelet...kinda.  After we got engaged, he came to the jewelry store where I work to look at wedding bands for him.  He saw a bracelet that he really, really liked, and so I bought it for him.  He's the one who treats it like an engagement token, he says things like "you have a ring, I have this bracelet."  He wears it always.  It wasn't really what I was thinking when I bought it for him, but if he wants to wear it as a symbol, I'm happy for him to do so!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards