Wisconsin
Options

Recommendations for Catering in the Waukesha Area

samantha9987samantha9987 member
First Comment
edited April 2014 in Wisconsin
Looking for a affordable caterer for a wedding in the Waukesha area.  Any suggestions?

Re: Recommendations for Catering in the Waukesha Area

• Options
    What do you define as affordable?
  • Options
    Like under $2,000. I really would like dishes included in that price also. 
  • Options
    Like under $2,000. I really would like dishes included in that price also. 
    @samantha9987

I am not sure how much they go for since there was nothing on their sites but here are some links to some good places in that area.

• Options

$2,000 for how many people?  And what do you need catered does $2,000 include beverages.

We are working with Zilli's and I can not rave enough about them.  They are down and out just amazing.  They didn't nickle and dime us for anything.  Everything is included in their qouted price (including gratuity) minus tip.  Zilli's is even providing us extra plates, setup for our cupcake table at no extra charge.  They are based out of Waukesha originally too ;)

For a lesser price range we have used them for graduaion parties and food has been great, and within the price range qouted.

Saz's is another caterer I would highly recommend.

• Options
    The room holds 120 people. So, under that amount. I'm not even sure if $2,000 is more than enough to budget for that amount of people.
  • Options

So let's say that you have 100 people....Let's throw tax on there I think it's at 5.6%?  That would break down to be just under $19/plate.  (($2000/1.56)/100=18.93).  That is a pretty tight budget but if you look at more buffett style it might be doable.  If you had severs you would need to include gratuity (generally set at 18-20%)  Watch plate rentals....I've seen some go as high as $5 a setting.

Not saying that it cant be done.  When my MOH got married the food was catered in by the groom's favorite corner mexican restaurant.  It costed about $5/person and people loved the idea of having something different then the tradditional wedding course.

• Options
    We found a buffet style caterer.  They charge any where from $11 per person to $18 per person. Their dishware rental is about $3 per person for everything! We do have to pay for gratuity and wait service.
  • Options
    We found a buffet style caterer.  They charge any where from $11 per person to $18 per person. Their dishware rental is about $3 per person for everything! We do have to pay for gratuity and wait service.
    @samantha9987

Sounds like it fits your budget pretty well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards