Massachusetts-Boston

Colonial Hotel or Wachusett Village Inn???

I'm pretty new to this whole wedding planning but currently these are the two places at the top of my list... Does anyone have any advice/stories about either of these venues? I really like the look of the Colonial Hotel on the inside... but the ceremony would be in the parking lot and I'm not sure if I can get past that. Any suggestions for brides that have used the Colonial Hotel?  Or any suggestions on other affordable venues with a tent option?

Thanks!

Re: Colonial Hotel or Wachusett Village Inn???

• How many guests? And what do you consider affordable?

• We have 150 and are looking to spend about 20k .... We are definitely open to other suggestions, but for some reason the tents seem to be our favorite right now.
  • Oh perfect, I wanted to make sure you could afford the venue before I mentioned it. I also love the tent feel, I'm not a fan of indoor banquet rooms. We're getting married at Wachusett Mountain which is in that same general area/ very close by. They have a gorgeous draped tent and you get to take pics from the summit of the mountain and you're allowed a fire pit. It's around $70 per person but that includes ceremony, hors duerves, chair lift during cocktail hour, dinner, reception, bridal suite, coordinator, set up, clean up, linens, taxes & gratuities! 
    I know someone getting married at Colonial this fall but I've never been there yet. 

• I know several people that got married at the Colonial (didn't attend) and pictures looked lovely! Another venue in the area is Wachusett Country Club in West Boylston, our ceremony was on the deck overlooking Wachusett Reservoir. It was about $50-$60PP for a wide variety of plated meals, wine and signature drink, coordinator, set up, linens and taxes/gratuities.  

Anniversary
  • I have been to both the Colonial & the Village Inn for weddings in their tents. If it rains the Colonial has an entrance to their tent from the inside which changes it to a banquet room that just happens to be outside. Neither you or your guests have to run through the rain to get to the tent or when you go to the ladies room. The Wachusett Village Inn on the other hand is on a slab that sits below their parking lot. When it rains gravity takes over and all the rain floods the tent plus it is away from the inn itself.
  • I would recommend checking out Wachsett Mountain as well., we went to a wedding there last September and it was awesome. The ceremony was outside and the reception was in the banquet hall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards