Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Time to get photos back

What's a reasonable time frame to get wedding photos back (edited on a disc/USB, no prints or book done)?

Initially right after the wedding we got a handful of photos sent to us (as e-mail attachments), and we were told the photo gallery would be up soon.

We haven't received anything since then. I checked our contract and realized that there was no date or time frame listed for when we would get access to the photo gallery or our edited images (Note to lurkers: get this time frame in your contract!). I e-mailed the photographer, saying similar, there is no time frame listed so I was just wondering when we could expect photos. Photographer promptly responded, said that was odd we didn't have a date and that she would work on them and get them back soon, but has been busy with her other job. 

The photographer is a friend of an acquaintance, and is known by a few people I know, plus I have her personal account on Facebook, so it's not like I think she's going up fall off the face of the Earth with my photos. Nor do I need them NOW. 

However I am wondering when we'll get our photos (family is asking for them too!), but I also don't want to be a nag and have unrealistic expectations. We are a few days short of 3 months post wedding. 

Re: Time to get photos back

• It depends on particular photographer's schedule. Processing really takes few days. But if there are many weddings already in queue, sometimes it takes 3-4 months.
  • We got a preview after three weeks and got all our photos by eight weeks. Then around 11 weeks, we received the CDs with all the files.

Three months is getting toward the long end of things. When did you email her? I'd wait a few weeks and then email her again, this time specifically asking for a time frame.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thanks!

The e-mail was sent out a week ago, so yes I will wait a bit before contacting her again. I was just curious for my own expectations on what is appropriate/average and when I should start saying, "HEY!!!". 
  • Our photog promises 4 weeks for all the photos, but he'll do some "sneak peeks" before that.
  • I have 4 weeks in my contract. But he takes some polaroids on the day and we get a few sneek peeks too. 

I think 1 month is a reasonable time if they are busy photographers. I'm a digital operator by trade (I process shots on set for fashion and advertising jobs). All my jobs are done on set, processed and sent to client by the end of the day. So it's not a lengthy process, it's just  a matter of when the photographer can dedicate time to this, if they don't have a team to do it for them. 

3 months is a bit cray.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards