Honeymoon Discussions

Where to go!

My fiance and I are getting married in October 2014, but are not taking our honeymoon until end of June/beginning of July 2015.  I would like to go somewhere for a week.  I would love to go to Ireland and he wants to go sit on a beach.  Any ideas or suggestions as to places that are awesome to travel to in June/July (and not overly expensive)??!  Thanks! :)

Re: Where to go!

• What is your budget?
  • Looking between $2,000-$4,000.  I have already been to Mexico and Jamaica and would really like to see somewhere else... and since our wedding will be in October and then we'll go on the honeymoon the following June/July I feel like I don't necessarily need a trip where we just sit and relax the whole time.  So I was trying to compromise, but am at a loss with ideas! Thanks for the help!
  • Iceland has beautiful and green like Ireland, and they have beaches and hot springs as well for relaxing.

• majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Cruise! You can do as much adventure as you want and as much relaxation as you want. And there are always deals & discounts around.
  • One of my favorite trips was to southern Spain (Costa del Sol).  Beautiful beach across from the hotel, promenade with lots of shopping and restaurants.....and yet still so close to touristy and cultural day trips (Alhambra, Gibraltar, Morocco, Seville, etc).  When I went a couple of years ago in early fall, it was around $1100 per person airfare and hotel.  Summer will probably be more though.  Also not sure where you'd be flying from.
  • blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Where would you be flying from? Do you have your heart set on going overseas? How many days? What kind of destinations do you like - beachy, urban, outdoorsy, etc?

ETA: Sorry to flood you with questions, but the ladies here might have some great suggestions given the necessary info.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @brownkc1 What was your experience like in Jamaica? I've heard things about lots of bees and unfriendly people but I guess it depends somewhat on where you go.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Costa Rica. It will be rainy season so it might be a little cheaper. (Rainy season means it rains everyday from 4-5pm and the rest of the time is perfect)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FI and I are going to Ireland for our honeymoon this June :)  We used a travel agent to put together a week-long package including flights, rental car, and hotel rooms for less than $5k. We know that summertime is a tourist season, but it didn't factor into our decision. And of course, it always rains in Ireland. We're also flying out of a major international airport, not a regional one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know whether it will fit into your budget, but my brother went to a place on the Amalfi Coast in Italy for his honeymoon...rented a villa in a town called Positano, which is a town built on a huge cliff, with a beach at the bottom.  They also did a couple of days in Rome first.  I think you would have plenty to do and also plenty to not do...lol.  They visited some ruins at some point during their stay.   
  • Thanks for the ideas!!! We have compromised and came to the decision of honeymooning in California.  We are going to spend a week and a half road tripping the Pacific Coastal Highway--starting in the wine region! :)  Any suggestions as to must sees in Cali?

rachelsea53: I went to Jamaica with my family and it was great!  The beaches were wonderful! We didn't really branch too far off the beaten path, unless we had a tour guide because we had heard that there are some not so nice parts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards