Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil getting caught on dress beading

So last week I found the dress :) Haven't purchased it yet as I'm waiting for my mom to be able to see it (she lives out of state).  But it's beautiful and I love it.  

Here's the thing though - it has a full beaded bodice, which is what I love most about it.  But I've always wanted to wear a traditional veil, and in the salon every veil I tried on kept getting caught on the dress beading.  It got annoying really fast, and that was just wearing the veil for 5 minutes.  Whenever I turned my head I had to detach a spot from the beading.

Has anyone had this happen with a dress? Could it be because it was a sample with some loose beading? Any tips on ways to prevent this?

Obviously ditching the veil or going with something like a birdcage would avoid this problem, but a birdcage veil is very much not my style, and I love how the veil looks with the dress.  I didn't feel like a bride when trying on the dress until the veil was added so ditching the veil is not something I want to do.  

Re: Veil getting caught on dress beading

• I would just plan on only wearing the veil during the ceremony. I would plan on having someone carry it and putting it on you for a photo, then taking it off when you need to move around. 
  • What length veil were you trying on?  Also were you draping the veil over your shoulders?

I think if you went with a longer veil (fingertip of longer) and you placed it so that the veil came down your back and not over your shoulders that should help fix the problem of it getting caught on the beading.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards