Texas-Austin

Vista on Seward Hill

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are getting married at Vista on Seward Hill next June (2014).  I've gotten catering pricing from all of their vendors but they're all a little more than I anticipated....now considering paying the buyout fee to go with someone else.  We want to do a tex-mex fajita buffet for dinner and a full open bar for 150 guests.  I haven't secured anything other than our venue...so still looking for photographer, string quartet, cakes, florist..etc.!!  Any advice anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Vista on Seward Hill

• Every string quartet I've found is about $450+.  You can try going through the University of Texas' music department.  I didn't get a quote back because I contacted them at the end of the Spring semester, and have a fairly small budget (I'm going solo classical guitarist probably).

I can't help with any of the other things either as I'm using a restaurant for my reception venue, because every place I'd looked at was pricey for the venue, and then I had to hire a caterer, which was just more money I didn't want to spend.

Good luck though!!  :)
  • VISTA ON SEWARD HILL SUCKS!! BEWARE!!! THEY NICKLE AND DIME YOU AND CHARGE YOU FOR EVERYTHING.

The closer you get to your wedding the more you will see.... the sound system and mics are extra, of you want to set up the morning of the wedding. ..that is extra. They offer nothing. Renting linens and dishes is extra and then they refuse to hold the rentals till normal business hours so they charge you extra.

Get your deposit, and try House on The Hill or somewhere else that is less stingy and selfish. This Seward family drives jaguars and bentleys and takes advantage of couples trying to create a beautiful day.
  • Photographer: Ron Parks Photography.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards