May 2014 Weddings

Monday Progress Update - 04/14/14

Well after my nervous breakdown on Friday (info in a previous thread) I didn't get a whole lot else done for the wedding this weekend. Here's what I did accomplish though:

- Bought our wedding bands
 - Bottled the wine for our favors
 - Ordered and received parent's presents

What did you ladies get done this past week?

Re: Monday Progress Update - 04/14/14

• Well after my nervous breakdown on Friday (info in a previous thread) I didn't get a whole lot else done for the wedding this weekend. Here's what I did accomplish though:

- Bought our wedding bands
     - Bottled the wine for our favors
     - Ordered and received parent's presents

What did you ladies get done this past week?

• Got our marriage license. Had my bach party.  Decided on how things the day of will go. Carted a van full of wedding stuff to my dads(I live 3 hrs away and the wedding is in my hometown) oh, and I bought a vintage 1930s pearl clutch to go with my wedding day ensemble.  Love it!
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Finally looked at wedding bands, although we didn't buy any yet.  I had my hair/makeup trial this weekend and wrote all my thanks you from my shower.   Also, worked on music for the reception since i have to get the list to my dj by friday
  • Veil purchased
    Hair and makeup trial completed
    Ceremony rough draft outline done
    Ceremony music decided
    Ceremony chair contract to be completed today

• I haven't done one of these in a while..

-Got the baskets and stuff I need for the few DIY things I'm doing...
    -Bought hotel bags for guests...
    -Mom ordered her dress...
    -FI has his wedding band...
    -Bridesmaid gifts are ordered....some have already arrived..
    -Scheduled my 1st fitting
    -Sent out shower thank you cards...
    -Scheduled some of our "final appts" with vendors
    -Program is created...waiting for priest to proof read...
    -Majority of the apartment is back in functioning order after all the shower stuff...
    -Had my hair trial
    -Booked my highlight appointment for a week before the wedding....
    -Going for regular mani/pedi's 
    -Got the paperwork started for our marriage license and stuff for my name change...
    -Sent readers their readings...
    -Got the rehearsal dinner invite out...

And I think that's it...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FutureMrsN3312 you said "I think that's it" like you barely got anything done! Damn girl, you were productive!

We had a meeting w/ my parents and my future in-laws, we called it "The Great Wedding Summit" LOL. We hashed out all the final expenses, figured out who is paying for what, how much beer we need to buy, and our transportation plans for the day of. I was not looking forward to it at all, but I felt great afterwards. I can't believe we are down to 19 days left, it really hit me this morning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had out final meeting with our florist. FI got re-measured again for his tux (he lost so much since last time her got measured - he went from a size 56 jacket to a size 50!!!). We got our parents' gifts and FI got the rest of his groomsmens gifts. Tomorrow we apply for our marriage license!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Finished hostess gifts for my upcoming bridal shower. Worked out ceremony outline. Updated registry.
  • Had my bachelorette :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Oi, so. 

-Bridal shower yesterday, half way through thank you cards
    - Got the confirmation e-mail for FI's wedding band exchange. should be here by the end of the week
    - Set up meeting with Venue, photographer, and DOC/decorator for next Monday
    -Got through week one of gel manicure with it still mostly intact
    - FI bought a companion cube plushie to toss in place of garter
    - we have apparently decided on what booze to get, and next week FI and FFIL go to buy it.
    - wrote out check to florist, goes in mail tomorrow morning
    - Continuing to work on purchasing bridesmaids gifts
    - Continuing to work on reception music
    - Finally able to spray paint outside, working on finishing up DIY projects

Anniversary
  • Had my Bachelorette.

Ordered Flower Girl gift.

Ring Bearer was measured/rented suit.

Met with DOC.

Scheduled appointment for getting our Marriage License this week.

Made a seating chart (the ONLY thing I've ever done from a Pinterest Board that actually LOOKS like the Pin!)

Totally freaked out that my banner today says: "2 weeks and 5 days to go!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chibiyui said:

- FI bought a companion cube plushie to toss in place of garter
    YES! Please post pictures of that after your wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had my 2nd bridal shower

Finished the thank-yous for the 1st bridal shower

Finished all of my billion paper fans for the aisle decorations

Cut out fabric scraps for honey lids for our favors

Met with and finalized plans with the DJ/Made final payment

*TRIED* (unsuccessfully) to get a final head count so that I can let the baker and caterer know.

• FI booked the flowers and the band and I had my bachelorette party! It was great except there was a bit of drama with some of the BMs and now I'm worried things will be awkward from now on :(
  • JMVA2014 said:
    FI booked the flowers and the band and I had my bachelorette party! It was great except there was a bit of drama with some of the BMs and now I'm worried things will be awkward from now on :(
    Yay for your bachelorette party, but boo for drama :( Do you think things will be awkward between your BM's or between you and your BM's?
  • JMVA2014 said:
    FI booked the flowers and the band and I had my bachelorette party! It was great except there was a bit of drama with some of the BMs and now I'm worried things will be awkward from now on :(
    Yay for your bachelorette party, but boo for drama :( Do you think things will be awkward between your BM's or between you and your BM's?
    I have a feeling they will be. One of my BMs was hurt that I didn't make her MOH early on. My two MOHs planned the bach. party and two of the BMs were a little awkward and removed from the festivities and I only saw them for about 2 hours and basically spent no time with them. Then after the weekend was done, I was texting with them and they made some rather off-putting comments (not about me, we are fine, but about my other friends). I just hope there are no catfights for any other festivities or the wedding, which is at the end of May.
  • JMVA2014 said:
    JMVA2014 said:
    I have a feeling they will be. One of my BMs was hurt that I didn't make her MOH early on. My two MOHs planned the bach. party and two of the BMs were a little awkward and removed from the festivities and I only saw them for about 2 hours and basically spent no time with them. Then after the weekend was done, I was texting with them and they made some rather off-putting comments (not about me, we are fine, but about my other friends). I just hope there are no catfights for any other festivities or the wedding, which is at the end of May.
    Well hopefully since they are all your friends and want you to have a nice wedding they will pretend to get along until the wedding is over :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards