Attire & Accessories Forum

Maxi Dress BMs Yay or nay?

Hey Ladies!

We are having a casual outdoor ceremony and reception and I thought it would be cute to have the BMs wear convertible infinity dresses (follow link below for example).  I want them to be comfortable when we're on the grass all day and I really like the mix and match colors/styles  PLUS we have 3 nieces and 2 nephews who we are having in the wedding and we are paying for all of their outfits.  Their mothers will also be in the wedding (which is too much to ask them to buy their own dress and the kids outfits) and the maxi dresses I found are a less expensive option.  I thought it was a win win but what do you think?  Anyone have their BM's wear maxi dresses?   How did it turn out?

Re: Maxi Dress BMs Yay or nay?

• Convertible dresses are awful.  That being said, I don't do maxi dresses either.  I vote option #3.

• Those would make me feel naked and not very secure. I love long dresses (mine picked long silk chiffon for their BMs dresses) though!
  • I love maxi dresses because they can express elegance. However, if I were you ,I won't choose them when I hold outdoor ceremony with so many kids there for the inconvenience of  maxi dresses.
  • I'd probably choose the maxi dress over the convertible option. There are a ton of inexpensive choices out there (especially now that it is springtime) that could work for a casual wedding.
  • Those convertible dresses really don't work well for anyone D+ there just isn't room for a decent supportive bra. Ask them their budget and then go try on a few options with them.
  • Thanks ladies!!  I appreciate the advice :)
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    I am not a fan of the convertible dresses. I think a maxi dress would be awesome, and would love to wear one as a bridesmaid.
  • I live the idea of a maxi dress (don't have worry about it blowing up if it's windy) and I personally would be very comfortable in one. Since the picture of the convertible dresses don't show the back the only thing I would mention is to take into consideration how large in the chest your BM are. Based on the photo link you provided, it's hard to tell if any of those styles allow for a bra, even a strapless.
  • Maxi dress yay, those god-awful infinity dresses nay.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    While I've never worn a convertible dress, I'd never want to. They are terribly unflattering, even on women who are in great shape. 

I like the idea of a maxi dress for a summer or spring wedding. Go with that. 
  • I think maxi dresses would be great! If I was a bridesmaid in your wedding I'd be psyched at the idea of buying a dress that I could very well wear again.
  • I love maxi dresses because they can express elegance. However, if I were you ,I won't choose them when I hold outdoor ceremony with so many kids there for the inconvenience of  maxi dresses.
    How are maxi dresses inconvenient? I'd think they'd be more convenient and comfortable than a lot of other dress options since you can move around more easily and don't have to worry about flashing anyone or anything blowing up!
  • I am personally not a fan of the mullet dresses, lol.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards