Moms and Maids

ann taylor dresses?

Anyone wearing ann taylor BM dresses? I got them for my girls (Amazing deal), but I'm nervous because I can't find a ton of reviews or photos of them. I order the silk dupioni scoop neck dresses. If you've ever seen a wedding that used AT dresses, help a sista out!

Re: ann taylor dresses?

• I've never seen Ann Taylor bridesmaids dresses, but I love Ann Taylor clothes for the office.  Well made.  Flattering cuts. Really cute and comfortable.  If the bridesmaids dresses are anything like the business/business casual line, you should be pleased.
  • @meds86 - My BMs last year wore AT silk dupioni dresses and I absolutely loved them. They were flattering on all of the girls, even though they all have different body types. The only thing was that most girls needed them altered in someway. This was mainly because we ordered the dresses on clearance, meaning no returns, so everyone preferred ordering on the larger side if they were between two. While I did recommend this, it was obvious in ordering who was used to AT sizes and who wasn't. I wear their clothes all the time, so I know that they run a little big comparatively. So some of the girls who don't often shop there ended up with dresses that were way too big. A good seamstress is an easy fix though, and the dresses still ended up being cheaper than many of the other ones we had considered. 
  • My bridesmaids are wearing Ann Taylor dresses and they look great! We chose the Jersey Tucked Strap Gown in Indigo Ink. All the dresses needed to be hemmed, but a plus side is that Ann Taylor has sales all of the time, so if you keeps your eyes open, you can get great deals (my sister got her dress for 50% off!).

• Thanks!! This is so great to hear! We have a similar situation. I think every single girl needs to get their dress taken in (they don't look very good if they are even slightly too big), but it's still cheaper in price. What color/cut did you do from the silk dupioni? Do you have any pictures?? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards