May 2014 Weddings

Yay!

The big day is almost here for most people here! Thank goodness we all made it through!

I feel like I've been planning and working on everything for so long that it's never going to actually happen, so I'm not feeling a lot of fear or excitement right now. I've been told that this will change in about a week. How is everyone feeling? Excited, nervous, stressed out? I will say I'm a little stressed.

Does anyone have any projects for after the wedding and honeymoon? I know that I'm going to start redecorating our house, for sure!

Re: Yay!

• I feel a little stressed out only because I keep feeling like I'm forgetting stuff. I have lists, diagrams, and spread sheets so I know I'm not, but I'm paranoid. LOL I'm not until May 17 so I think when it gets closer I will start getting a little nervous.

We are going to put in a new patio and new carpet at our house once we get back from the honeymoon. It sure will be nice to not have all the wedding bills to pay anymore :)
  • FI and I got an apartment a few weeks ago that only has a couch and bed frame. No mattress, nothing in the kitchen, no TV, so we haven't stayed there yet (we've never lived together). I have two months off right after the wedding so I want to make our place our own, learn to cook a bit, take some yoga classes, and really disconnect from work and social media for a while. I'm very excited about that!
  • I feel a little stressed out only because I keep feeling like I'm forgetting stuff. I have lists, diagrams, and spread sheets so I know I'm not, but I'm paranoid. LOL I'm not until May 17 so I think when it gets closer I will start getting a little nervous.

We are going to put in a new patio and new carpet at our house once we get back from the honeymoon. It sure will be nice to not have all the wedding bills to pay anymore :)
    I feel like I'm forgetting things too, and I'm sure I am! I've gotten to the point where it's pretty much "what will be will be". We're currently working on our patio. We desperately need a new one, but it's not happening until we get the wedding bills paid off!

• JMVA2014 said:
    FI and I got an apartment a few weeks ago that only has a couch and bed frame. No mattress, nothing in the kitchen, no TV, so we haven't stayed there yet (we've never lived together). I have two months off right after the wedding so I want to make our place our own, learn to cook a bit, take some yoga classes, and really disconnect from work and social media for a while. I'm very excited about that!

Wow, 2 months off! I bet you're super excited for the wedding! Good luck with the house, I know when FI and I first moved in together I was SO ready to just live in our house.

Also, yes to disconnecting from social media, I don't have a facebook so that helps, but I've become obsessive when it comes to checking bridal websites!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards