Registry and Gift Forum

Mom gift

I want to get my mother something very special. She raised me and my 2 brothers by herself and has always spent whatever money she had on us. I want to get something beautiful since she truly deserves it and always feels guilty spending money on herself. I was thinking a necklace or earrings from Swarovski? Or a really beautiful collage of the 2 of us? It doesn't have to be for her to wear at the wedding, but it could possibly be. For her, I'd spend any amount so throw budget out the window. What do you ladies think? P.s. While I'm asking, if I do jewelry for my mother, should I do something similar for my future mother in law?

Re: Mom gift

• Jewelry is nice, but really, what's most meaningful is a heartfelt letter where you write what she means to you and thank you for all she's done. 

You don't need to do anything for your FMIL.
  • CookieD86 said:
    I want to get my mother something very special. She raised me and my 2 brothers by herself and has always spent whatever money she had on us. I want to get something beautiful since she truly deserves it and always feels guilty spending money on herself. I was thinking a necklace or earrings from Swarovski? Or a really beautiful collage of the 2 of us? It doesn't have to be for her to wear at the wedding, but it could possibly be. For her, I'd spend any amount so throw budget out the window. What do you ladies think? P.s. While I'm asking, if I do jewelry for my mother, should I do something similar for my future mother in law?
    Honestly, your heart is in the right place.  I hate when my kids spend money on me.  It's not that I don't enjoy or appreciate it.  It's just that when I do something for them, it is done in part so they can use their money for better/other/different things.

I absolutely loved the cards and words my children wrote to me after their weddings.  That was all I needed.  I think a special mother/daughter picture from the wedding, in a lovely frame would be great.  Planning a mother/daughter day doing all the things you two love to do together, would also be lovely.
  • I am thinking of getting me and my mother matching jewelry from the Kate Spade idiom line. I knot that it's something that my mom would really enjoy and she'll appreciate the idea of us having matching items.
  • for the wedding day I wrote my parents and nice card and included a small gift. For my mom it was a picture frame with a picture of us from when I was a flower girl and then a slot for one of my wedding pictures.  and for my dad it was golf items.  My husband gave his mom a nice card with a pretty vase.

before the wedding when we were getting my dress altered the place had nice jewelry. My mom was eying a very pretty necklace and saying how well it went with the bracelet my dad had just given her for their anniversary so as she was paying for my dress, I bought her the necklace.  she wore it at the wedding.  It was not "for" the wedding but it definitely was the perfect moment to say thank you so much for all you have done for me and wedding planning.  

2 months after the wedding I made both my mom and my MIL photo albums with the wedding pictures they had picked out.

Anniversary
  • I think jewelry is a nice way to show your admiration for mother. Although, all mothers hate when their kids spend money on things like jewelry especially when its for them but that doesn't mean kids stop thinking for them. Of course spending time with them or giving a nice card or a heart warming letter are amazing, but mom is more precious then anything. I have bought my mom a beautiful family tree pendant set with birthstones of my mom, my brother, father and me. I know she will love my gift. you can also think of birthstone jewelry for a personalized style.

• Thanks ladies, all great ideas. She is really amazing and I know she will appreciate anything without me breaking bank.
  • My daughter gave me the perfect gift.  After everything was over, she threw her arms around me ans said,"Thank you, Mommie!  It was perfect!"  Then she gave me a box of See's truffles.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards